• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Windows Collision Fail

06mca06

I want my character to move fast around a bunch of blocks (it's a top down view like hotline miami) and if it collides with a block the game must restart. My character and blocks are rectangular and they are sprites that I made in the sprite editor. The problem is, collision happens before contact and this is very visible. I use dnd and 'jump to point' action for movement. In my opinion the reason is this, because when my character gets enough close, next jump becomes avaible inside the block or through it. So GMS takes it as a collision at that point and restarts the game before the actual contact. I tried every collision mask combo but couldn't figured it out. I just want my character to move fast and actually collide with blocks before it's a game over for the player.
This is my first post so please forgive me if I made a mistake. Thanks.