• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Collision errors after gamemaker 2.3.4.577 update

RIGmix

Since the 2.3.4.577 update whenever I pull over to the right and to the bottom of a collision block, depending on how stretched it is, I get trough it.
If the block isn't streched i don't get trough it.
In this image you can see the collision (red line) and see how streched the block.
You can see aswell that the player (fox) gets trough the more streched one and stays on top of the other.
Have this happen to anyone else besides me?
colisão.PNG
Also i already updated gamemaker to the 2.3.4.580 version and it ins't working either

collision code
Code:
 if place_meeting(x + hsp,y,o_col_parent) {

while (!place_meeting(x + sign(hsp), y, o_col_parent)) {

x = x + sign(hsp);

}

hsp = 0;

walljumped = false;

canwalk = true;

}

x = x + hsp;

if place_meeting(x, y + vsp,o_col_parent) {

while (!place_meeting(x, y + sign(vsp), o_col_parent)) {

y = y + sign(vsp);

dust = 0;

}

if dust = 0 {

audio_play_sound(a_floor,0,0);

if !place_meeting(x,y,o_agua) && place_meeting(x, y + 1,o_col_parent)  {

instance_create_layer(random_range(bbox_right-3,bbox_right+3), bbox_bottom, "Particles", o_po);

instance_create_layer(random_range(x-3,x+3), bbox_bottom, "Particles", o_po);

instance_create_layer(random_range(bbox_left-3,bbox_left+3), bbox_bottom, "Particles", o_po);

ScreenShake(3,1);

}

}

dust ++;

vsp = 0;

walljumped = false

canwalk = true;

}
set hsp code
Code:
if (!walljumped && wall_jump_cooldown >= wall_jump_set_cooldown) {

if (key_right && canwalk = true) {

if (hsp < walkspd + ehsp && hsp >= ehsp ) hsp += 0.5;

if (hsp > walkspd + ehsp && (place_meeting(x,y+1,o_col_parent) || place_meeting(x,y+7,o_slope_parent) || (place_meeting(x,y+10,o_slope_parent) && hsp > 7))) hsp -= 0.3;

if (hsp < ehsp) hsp = ehsp + 1;

}

else if (key_left && canwalk = true) {

if (hsp > -walkspd + ehsp && hsp <= ehsp) hsp -= 0.5;

if (hsp < -walkspd + ehsp && (place_meeting(x,y+1,o_col_parent) || place_meeting(x,y+7,o_slope_parent) || (place_meeting(x,y+10,o_slope_parent) && hsp > 7))) hsp += 0.3;

if (hsp > ehsp) hsp = ehsp - 1;

}

else if (!key_right && !key_left) {

if (abs(hsp) > abs(ehsp)){

if abs(hsp) > abs(ehsp) + 0.5 {

if (hsp > ehsp) hsp -= abs(hsp)/6; else hsp += abs(hsp)/6;

} else hsp = ehsp;

} else hsp = ehsp;

}

}

Last edited:
I seem to be have a similar problem. In one of my games, the player can clip into a stretched wall too just like RIGmix. In my main game my character can't go through part of my triangle collision blocks anymore. It's like the triangle blocks have a single line of invisible collision making it almost a square.

If I play the same file version from my steam page (uploaded a month ago), it doesn't happen. It only happens when I try to play it through my current version of GMS2 v2.3.4.580

I was intending on uploading my latest version of the game, but I'll have to wait until this issue is fixed or I can find a workaround.

EDIT: I just installed an older version of GMS2 v2.3.3.574 and it works just fine again with no issues to collision. :)

Last edited:
I have the similar problems in my game. Line Collisions in my game didn't work exactly anymore :-(. Before the update all the stuff worked fine.

Last edited:

rIKmAN

I have the similar problems in my game. Line Collisions in my game didn't work exactly anymore :-(. Before the update all the stuff worked fine.
There were changes to how collision works in one of the recent(ish) updates, check the Release Notes for exact details of what version it changed in and the specifics.

Then either change your code to accommodate the new way that things work, or go into Game Options and turn on Collision Compatibility Mode which will force use of the old collision system in the latest version(s) and should be a quick way to test if that is indeed the issue you are having.