• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Collision Bug found

ophelius

To the Developers: Found a bug that when an object is activated after being deactivated(object enters the view), the collision no longer works for certain objects. The object is visible and behaving normally but the collision doesn't work at all. And it's very random, sometimes that object's collision will work depending on if it entered the view first before other objects, I can't seem to predict when the collision stops behaving normally. There's no bug in my code that would cause this since if the objects are all activated from the start and never deactivated first, the collision works fine.

I rolled back the runtimes to GM version 2.2.0.261 and the collision started working again perfectly. Any newer version after that the bug shows up. Feel free to ask me questions so you can determine what's causing it.

M

MarceloP

Please, file a bug report if you're able to reproduce it in a clean new project.