Collide with object a certain distance.

Discussion in 'Programming' started by kazudennis, Jan 22, 2018.

1. kazudennis

kazudennis Member

Good day and Excuse me for my English. I would like you to help me with a problem I have when colliding with a certain object.
    I have a parent object that is par_wall that has as children the object obj_wall.

data:
    -obj_player: dimensions = 32 x 64 px, origin = 16 x 63, botton center, collision mask automatic.
    -obj_wall: dimensions = 32 x 16 px, origin = 16 x 15, botton center.
    -in the create event of obj_wall I have the variable type = 2,

I'm doing a Beat 'em up game, I want the obj_player to collide with obj_wall(pole) from the bottom up at a certain distance, like colliding with a pole or stick.
    I can collide from left to right, from right to left, from top to bottom.

here is the code to collide from bottom to top, but the obj_player collides with the top and stops, I want the obj_player to go through the obj_wall(pole) and stop at a certain distance.
    I do not want to change the collision mask, because I will use it to collide with blows.

Create:
    vsp = 0;
    grounded = 0;
    flip = 1;

Step:

//Move left and right
    if (Key_Left)
    {
    hsp = -5;
    flip = -1;
    }

if (Key_Right)
    {
    hsp = 5;
    flip = 1;
    }

if (Key_Up)
    {
    vsp = -5;
    //flip = 1;
    }

if (Key_Down)
    {
    vsp = 4;
    //flip = 1;
    }

//Vertical Collision

var vcollide;
    vcollide = instance_place(x,y+vsp,par_wall);

if (vcollide != noone)
    {
    if (((vcollide).type == 2) && sign(vsp) == -1)
    {
    if (!place_meeting(x,y,par_wall))
    {
    while (!place_meeting(x,y+sign(vsp),par_wall))
    {
    y+=sign(vsp)
    }
    vsp=0;
    grounded = 1;
    }
    }
    }

else grounded = 0;
    y+=vsp;

Captura.PNG

2. jobjorgos

jobjorgos Member

If I dont misunderstand what you want, it can be simply solved I think by making beside the real wall object, a fake one (lets say obj_fake_wall) which is invisible and make it also a parent of obj_wall. Edit the mask of obj_fake_wall to your desire.
    Because you said obj_wall already has par_wall as parent, you have to set the parent of par_wall to obj_fake_wall.
    Or might without the uses of childs/parents just make a code for obj_wall create event with instance_create(obj_fake_wall,x,y); with the same origin positions but different masks for both objects. If you dont always want obj_fake_wall to be active u can make a variable maybe to trigger it when you need to.

3. kazudennis

kazudennis Member

Thank you for responding, I will try to apply what you are indicating.