• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Code tabs for each object, or better labels?

obscene

upload_2019-7-12_23-58-3.png

Surely there is a way around this... but I've tried about everything I can find. It's really annoying having one code tab and then a dozen event tabs under it with no idea what object they go to without doing a mouseover on each one.

So, can you have a new code tab for each object?
Or, can you have obect names added to the event tabs labels?

samspade

View attachment 25720

Surely there is a way around this... but I've tried about everything I can find. It's really annoying having one code tab and then a dozen event tabs under it with no idea what object they go to without doing a mouseover on each one.

So, can you have a new code tab for each object?
Or, can you have obect names added to the event tabs labels?
You can rename main tabs with F2 and you can drag other tabs up to create their own section. And of course you can write good descriptions.

obscene

EDIT:

I think it was a combination of 'open all events on double-click' as well as 'open events in same tab' finally got the results I wanted...

upload_2019-7-13_13-54-27.png

Last edited:

samspade

EDIT:

I think it was a combination of 'open all events on double-click' as well as 'open events in same tab' finally got the results I wanted...

View attachment 25739
You can always drag the tabs around to make whatever custom setup you want as well. And you can move sub tabs to new main tabs, existing main tabs, or even new windows.