• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Code Formatting

Osoy

Hi,

I have searched through keybindings looking for a key combination that would auto format code similar to CTRL+K + CTRL+D in Visual Studio. Is there such an option and if not is it on the road map for a future enhancement?

Thanks.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
There is no such feature and AFAIK it is not on the roadmap (and this is the first time I've ever seen someone request such a feature). :)

Coded Games

You probably can use an external code editor, such as Visual Studio Code. Open a .gml file and use a formatter plugin (one that can format Javascript will probably work fine).

Osoy

Thanks for the replies and suggestion. The reason I asked is that I spend all day in Visual Studio for my day job and formatting code is just part of our coding standards and something I have done religiously for years.