Released Code: Evolved - White Wolf 2

MMM

It’s alive!!!

Code: Evolved DEMO is finally released on Game Jolt and Itch.io !! :D
And here is a list of things that you can expect to see in this DEMO:

-3 Semidori Wolf stages (out of 10)
-1 Semidori owl stage (out of 10)
-6 wolf and 3 owl weapons (out of 9 wolves and 9 owl weapons)
-4 bosses for wolf and 1 boss for owl stage
-Joystick support and map function
-2 languages: English and Serbian

A

Ash Ketchum

The games good.
But if you keep spamming your post with every part of your game, there will be no surprises for the players.

MMM

The games good.
But if you keep spamming your post with every part of your game, there will be no surprises for the players.
Thank you! I know. But don't worry. There are plenty of things that I didn't reviled about this game :)

MMM

screenshot100.png

Code Evolved - White Wolf 2 http://mmmgamesindie.blogspot.rs/2016/10/codeevolved-white-wolf-2.html
CHEAT CODES

>EN<
I grew up with old gaming consoles like NES and PSX. And games for those consoles was full of cheat codes. Not only for the status bust but for everything you can think of. And I want to recreate those good old days by adding tons of useless but fun cheat codes. There will be some useful cheat too, of course :) Here is how the cheat codes will work in Code: Evolved. The player can activate cheat code box at any moment while playing the game and then can type in any cheat they want. How can the players discover cheat codes? By exploring the stages. The more % of the map is discovered, the more cheat codes will be shown in the list in the inventory menu. Not all cheat codes will be shown in the game. There will be few cheat codes that players must discover on their own. For now, I added 47 cheat codes in the game and here are few of them: Big / small head mode, White owl / Black wolf, Evil semidori, Pot mode (pots will appear at every stage and you can break them and exchange them for blood and exp on the save crystal) , Midori faces (every Midori will have a weird face), and so much more... Of course, if you want to see some cheat codes please let me know :)

>SR<
Secam se dobrih starih vremena kada su postojale sifre na igricama koje su bile beskorisne, ali su bile zabavne da se koriste (NES i PSX igrice su bile najpoznatije po tom pitanju). Iz tog razloga resio sam da dodam sifre u Code: Evolved igrici. Postojace sifre za jacanje statistika ali uglavnom ce se sifre svoditi na promene izgleda glavnog lika i protivnika, dodavanje predmeta po krugovima i tako dalje... Na kom principu ce se koristiti sifre? Igrac ce u bilo kom trenutku tokom igre moci da aktivira CHEAT BOX gde ce moci da ukuca i aktivira odredjenu sifru. Kako ce igrac znati sta treba da ukuca? U inventaru glavnog lika nalazice se spisak sifri koje igrac moze da aktivira. Sto igrac bude otkrivao vise % mape to ce spisak sa siframa biti veci. Neke dodatne sifre nece biti prikazane u listi i igrac ce morati sam da ih otkrije. Za sada planiram da ubacim 47 sifre a evo i neke od njih: Velike / male glave mod, Bela sova / crni vuk, Zli Semidoriji, Cupovi (u krugovima ce se pojaviti cupovi koje igrac moze da razbije i kasnije njima kupuje odredjene bonuse na kristalu za memorisanje igre), Midori faces (svi protivnici ce miati cudne face), itd... Naravno ukoliko zelite da dodate neku sifru mozete mi reci u komentarima :)

screenshot105.png

MMM

Here is something for #screenshotsaturday . New Midori species. This Midories can multiply themselves after you kill them!

screenshot103 - Copy.jpg

MMM

Working on new weapons for Semidori Owl. One of the new weapons is a returning weapon from White Wolf 1 - Boomerang. But this time it looks a little bit different.

screenshot100.png asfdasdf.png

MMM

#CodeEvolved cheat codes! Some of them will even give you a new mod. Like pots mod. By entering the cheat for pot mod, random pots and vases will appear trough the stages. Break them and exchange them at the save crystal for extra EXP or BLOOD :)

screenshot102.png screenshot105.png

K

Kestril

I played a bit, and here are my thoughts.

I love the atmosphere you put into the game. The enemy designs and backgrounds along with the green/red theme you've got going on really sell the creepy dream/nightmare factor. Your passion really shows here!

The sound and attacks are really satisfying to use. I like how the main attack has a limited range. It makes it to where I wanted to get close, but not too close, to enemies. It's a good basic attack!

The thing I found a little detracting was the jump. While the attack and special is satisfying to use, the jump doesn't gain much distance for the character. I often found myself *just* missing ledges or not jumping far enough to avoid damage. I'd recommend to increase the length of the jump so it becomes useful to use in the horizontal direction and not just the vertical one. Either that, or add a double-jump to get that extra bit of distance. That was the main frustrating thing to me when I played it.

The enemies feel a *bit* tanky to me. I know they are big and need some hits to take down, but it got annoying when they keep respawning every time I enter or exit a room. I'd recommend either making the normal enemies have less HP, so it's not as much of a hassle to return to a room you've been to, or make the enemies not respawn once they die.

Reactions: MMM

MMM

Thank you for the feedback :) I'm glad that you liked the game. I like dark atmosphere and Metroidvania type of games. And I am glad that my love for those things is visible here :) Jump is a little bit clunky but you can get double jump ability after the first stage. Owl Semidori has double jump right from the start. As for the enemy Hp... This is hard for me to calculate because players can upgrade and lv up their stats. So I'm trying to hit the balance where enemies won't be too easy or too hard to beat. You give me 2 nice options on how I can resolve this. If I make enemies that will not respawn, then the stage will get pretty empty and boring. But I will lower an amount of Hp a little bit for the regular enemies :)

MMM

Making Code: Evolved is a long process. This is by far the biggest game I worked on. It’s a big road ahead of me and I wish to thank you for your support so far and to thank you for your patience. In the meantime here is a Code: Evolved trailer 3 - small cinematic trailer made for #screenshotsaturday :)

Official page: https://mmmfree2dwindowsgames.blogspot.rs/

B

Blakkid489

So I finally got a chance to play this game and I have to say the art (or graphics) is quite impressive. Still in the process of getting through the game without a save point then dying and restarting my progress lol I made it to one save spot so I'm not entirely annoyed lol. Although like I've stated before, the characters are a bit stiff when moving, but like I presumed it's just due to the animation. Other than that I like what you have. How much of the game is available in the demo?

Reactions: MMM

MMM

So I finally got a chance to play this game and I have to say the art (or graphics) is quite impressive. Still in the process of getting through the game without a save point then dying and restarting my progress lol I made it to one save spot so I'm not entirely annoyed lol. Although like I've stated before, the characters are a bit stiff when moving, but like I presumed it's just due to the animation. Other than that I like what you have. How much of the game is available in the demo?
Thank you for the feedback. I am working as hard as I can and I hope final product won't disappoint. Full game will have 9 stages + final boss stage + secret stage (wolf and owl have separate stages. story and weapons). Demo contains 3 stages for wolf and 1 stage for owl. :)

MMM

Code: Evolved stage 4 will be done in a two or three days. After that... 6 more stages for Wolf and 9 more stages for Owl to go :)

In the meantime check out all Code: Evolved videos so far.

VIDEO - Cheat codes

VIDEO - Code Evolved trailer 3

VIDEO - Code Evolved DEMO trailer 2

VIDEO - Code Evolved - Small gameplay preview

VIDEO - Code Evolved DEMO trailer

OFFICIAL PAGE: https://mmmfree2dwindowsgames.blogspot.rs/

MMM

Here is how I make plans for Code: Evolved stages (maps). Currently working on map for stage 5 :)

sadasd.png

MMM

#CodeEvolved needs your help!

Work on a Code: Evolved (White Wolf sequel) is over 40% done! You can find out more about the game or even try a demo on https://mmmfree2dwindowsgames.blogspot.rs/

The game is coming up nicely. But I wold like to rise narration in the game a bit higher by adding voice over. And I need your help for that. The only character that speaks in the game is a mystical creature called Dreamwallker. But he is speaking a lot. Voice over on English and Serbian will be provided by my good friend Nemanja Stefanovic . He doesn't have a voice acting experience. But he always wanted to try out providing a voice for the game character. He already has some equipment for that. But we still need a few more items.

How can you help? You can buy an itch.io bundle on https://itch.io/s/6549/code-evolved-voice-over and help me reach $600 goal! You will get "Mechanical Knight 2", "White Wolf 1", "Mechanical Guardians" and "Ever Growing + Level Editor" for only $2.50.

Any financial support is welcome. Thank you in advance! :)

06.png

MMM

It is time to tell you more about the main characters in the #CodeEvolved game. For those who played #WhiteWolf 1 knows that the main character in that game belongs to a species called Semidori. But times has changed since then and once naturally evolved creatures are now created in the laboratory thanks to the humans who discovered crystallized life energy and find out about a potential of that crystal. Thus new species are born. 2 main characters in Code: Evolves whose now belongs to a new race!

Here is a small section about that from the KNOWLEDGE base in the Code: Evolved game.

SEMIDORI CLONING - NEO SEMIDORI

SEMIDORIES HAVE REACHED THEIR MAXIMUM TROUGH VIOLENT EVOLUTION. AND CAN NOT EVOLVE ANY FURTHER THAN THAT. BUT WHEN THE SEMIDORI IS CLONED HE BECOMES A NEW CREATURE THAT CAN EVOLVE ONCE AGAIN. CLONED AND EVOLVED SEMIDORI IS A SUBTYPE OF SEMIDORIES CALLED NEO SEMIDORI. BUT SINCE THE CLONED ORGANISM ISN'T STRONG AS THE NATURALLY BORN ORGANISM, VIOLENT EVOLUTION CAN KILL SEMIDORI IN ALMOST 99% OF THE CASES.

MMM

For those who love physical copies, Code: Evolved download will contain cover and UserManual.pdf (on English and Serbian) ready for printing :)

Here are few pages from Code: Evolved user manual.

MMM

When I am not programming I am working on Code: Evolved printable content :)

MMM

Code: Evolved More than half of the wolf’s campaign is over! Stage 6 now in development :)