• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Code editor not readable on Retina display

S

Schyler

I bought Game Maker Studio 2 yesterday, and it looks great, but unfortunately I can't read the code editor.

I'm running it from a late 2013 MacBook Pro with Retina display and the text (and IDE in general) is all pixelated, which makes it very difficult to read on this display. So basically, I can't use the code editor at risk of a headache.

S

Schyler

It gets better if you zoom in and out , but I can't find the "sweet spot" where the text isn't distorted . Is there a way to reset zoom?

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Yeah, some of the icons and things still need adapting to the DPI controls. I think this is something that will be getting worked on in future updates, but feel free to file bugs just in case.

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
That looks like you've zoomed the window a bit. While icons will have scaling issues, the fonts should render correctly as they are generated at the DPI size required. If they're not, your window is either scaled, or the rendering in the VM is off.

Also note, we don't officially support VMs, so this won't be a high priority for us. When the native Mac version comes out, it should solve text rendering issues (although icons will still have problems - they will take longer to fix).

S

Schyler

I am not using a VM, I am using Bootcamp, which is native @Mike

Yes, I've zoomed a little in. Is there a way to reset the zoom? I can't manage to undistort it once I touch the zoom at all

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
double click the title bar of any window to go back to 1:1

I think CTRL+ENTER also makes it 1:1