• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Code editor column function should clone current script

gnysek

In code editor, we can split into 2 and 3 panels

But this just allows us to drag another script/event to those panels and by default is empty, while what is more helpful, it should automatically move current script to new panel, or there could be an option to clone current script to 2nd/3rd panel, so we can for example compare parts of same code.

This would greatly mimic what Visual Studio and lot of others (NetBeans, Android Studio) offers by dragging divider above right scrollbar, or by "split view" function:
visual studio.jpg

Jobo

GMC Elder
This part of the code editor will be improved over time... Feel free to submit suggestions on the website

gnysek

I've already have 7 tickets opened on helpdesk, some from January, so it's higher chance that you read it and put to suggestion list here than on helpdesk...

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
If it's not filed, it'll get forgotten and never added. Up to you.

This wouldn't be an automatic thing though, if I split a text window I want to see other code, not the same one. I tend not to have code so large I need multiple windows to see it.