• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Code editor cheat sheet to change colour/font to same as GM1?

hdarren

The colours and font in the code editor appear much more readable to me in GM1 over GM2.

Does anybody have a cheat sheet of sort so I can change all the colours/font so that it's the same as GM1?

I could do the colours by eye I guess but I read these settings are stored in a project file so it would be good if there was a file somebody has made that I can just drop into my project folder.

Thanks.

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
Not sure if anyone did this yet, but here are all colors used (with hex codes):
█ c0c0c0
█ 71b8ff
█ 8080ff
█ 8fef8f
█ 8080ff
█ 71b8ff
█ ff8080
█ 8080ff
█ 222222
█ 444444
█ c0c0c0
█ cc9999
█ 333333
█ 0000ff
█ 9999cc
█ 000080

csanyk

I thought that way at first, but I quickly got used to the new color scheme after a few hours.

Still, it'd be nice if there was an easy way to switch color preferences as a collection. I would like for that to be supported. Although, for sake of familiarity when sharing screen shots of my code with other people, I don't know that I'd change mine from the standard colors.

Jobo

GMC Elder
The code editor is not a standalone app and setting a syntax theme that is wildly different from the program's theme is not going to be aesthetically pleasing (in my opinion)... Though I agree that hand-picking a few that do look good could be nice, and also that we need import/export of code editor colors. File a suggestion for this... so no one forgets

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
Yeah, not gonna add in multiple ones to select from, not sure why you'd ever need that. But an import/export is possible....one day.