(Closed)Resizing sprites used in tile sets without effecting the tile set placements in rooms?

flyinian

QUESTION: Is there a way to resize sprites that are used in tile sets without effecting the tile sets in rooms?

CURRENT ISSUE: Every time I need to increase the canvas size so I can incorporate more sprites for tile sets in rooms, it scrambles the pre-existing tiles in rooms. How can I avoid this?

MY CURRENT SOLUTION / WORK AROUND: Currently, I've just been resizing the canvas size and redoing the displaced tiles in rooms.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Could you try making a large canvas, so large you'll never want to fill it? Then you can place tiles knowing you won't have to resize the canvas every time?

Yal

šŸ§ *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
iirc, resizing the height of a tileset doesn't scramble tiles, only increasing the width does (they're numbered left-to-right, top-to-bottom, and the number of the tile is what's used internally... so increasing height doesn't change the number of any existing tiles because the rows stay the same)... would having a set width and then only increasing height work for you? (You should run a quick experiment to verify whether this is still true or not before relying on it though)

flyinian

iirc, resizing the height of a tileset doesn't scramble tiles, only increasing the width does (they're numbered left-to-right, top-to-bottom, and the number of the tile is what's used internally... so increasing height doesn't change the number of any existing tiles because the rows stay the same)... would having a set width and then only increasing height work for you? (You should run a quick experiment to verify whether this is still true or not before relying on it though)
Thank you, I will give this a try. I'll let you know if it still works.

flyinian

It appears to still work. Thank you for this.