• Hey! Guest! The 40th (!!!) GMC Jam will take place between February 25th, 12:00 UTC to March 1st 12:00 UTC. Why not join in this very special anniversary jam! Click here to find out more!

(Closed)Resizing sprites used in tile sets without effecting the tile set placements in rooms?

flyinian

QUESTION: Is there a way to resize sprites that are used in tile sets without effecting the tile sets in rooms?

CURRENT ISSUE: Every time I need to increase the canvas size so I can incorporate more sprites for tile sets in rooms, it scrambles the pre-existing tiles in rooms. How can I avoid this?

MY CURRENT SOLUTION / WORK AROUND: Currently, I've just been resizing the canvas size and redoing the displaced tiles in rooms.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Could you try making a large canvas, so large you'll never want to fill it? Then you can place tiles knowing you won't have to resize the canvas every time?

Yal

🍋 *lemon noises*
GMC Elder
iirc, resizing the height of a tileset doesn't scramble tiles, only increasing the width does (they're numbered left-to-right, top-to-bottom, and the number of the tile is what's used internally... so increasing height doesn't change the number of any existing tiles because the rows stay the same)... would having a set width and then only increasing height work for you? (You should run a quick experiment to verify whether this is still true or not before relying on it though)

flyinian

iirc, resizing the height of a tileset doesn't scramble tiles, only increasing the width does (they're numbered left-to-right, top-to-bottom, and the number of the tile is what's used internally... so increasing height doesn't change the number of any existing tiles because the rows stay the same)... would having a set width and then only increasing height work for you? (You should run a quick experiment to verify whether this is still true or not before relying on it though)
Thank you, I will give this a try. I'll let you know if it still works.

flyinian

It appears to still work. Thank you for this.