• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Team Request [CLOSED] Looking for GML programmer for 2D melee game

Iodinex64

battlecats mock-up.png

Hello! My name is Iodine. I am working on a so-far unnamed project with an artist and am searching for an intermediate-level/hobbyist programmer to add the final piece to the puzzle.
I am a musician, sound FX designer and (hobbyist) game designer. With the addition of my artistic partner, we have everything... except programming.
I myself have a basic understanding of GML and code in general, so working with me shouldn't be too frustrating!

Our game can be described, although shallowly, in one sentence; "It's a game about animals hitting each other with swords."
As far as gameplay goes, it's sort of a mix between "Nidhogg" and "For Honor".
We currently want to just get the character controller completed, and can expand from there into other, broader and more ambitious ideas. (PvP, Singleplayer)

Requirements:
- An understanding of GameMaker Studio 1.4 or 2, and respectively, GML, to a reasonable level.

Bonuses:
- Interest in Historical Europe/European warfare.
- Interest in melee games, such as Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, War Of The Roses, Nidhogg, For Honor, etc, (Any game with an in-depth, skill based combat system).
- A love for what you do!
Task Examples:
- implementing the melee combat system
- programming AI
- bug-fixing/tidying code
- networking

And other programming related tasks that arise as development progresses.
I set the thread pre-fix to "Team Request", because I'd rather talk to people and work something out later. The current artist is working for a cut of royalties, but understandably lots of programmers do not work under these terms, so I am totally willing to negotiate with any that are interested!

I hope to talk to you soon! You should either reply to this thread or email me at [email protected] if interested!

Have a good day.

Last edited by a moderator: