Portfolio - Programming [Open] Experienced GML programmer

About me:

Hello!
My name is Isaiah, I'm 19 and I've been coding with Game Maker since ~2016 and consider myself experienced at doing so.
I pride myself in completing all of my work as swiftly and professionally as possible.

Requirements:
  • Credit:
    • I would obviously like to be credited in some way for helping in the project. Beyond that I don't really have any requirements.
My Pros:
  • Modular Back Ends:
    • I always try to program my games as modular as possible, as in making additions/edits possible with simple variable changes.
  • Menus/Title screens/General UI:
    • I've done several different title screens, menus, settings, and UI before. I'd undoubtedly say it's my strong suit. I always try to design (unless a design is provided to me) and program the most unique and functional UI that I can!
  • Top View games:
    • I'd definitively say I specialize in top view games, because it's my favorite style of 2D game to create. I can do other styles as well, but top view is surely my favorite.
My Cons:
  • Mobile Games:
    • I will not program for mobile. If you'd like me to program something for you that you will then port to mobile on your own then that is fine, however, I do not have mobile exports and I will not attempt to program for them.
  • Physics:
    • I rarely work with physics, so I would severely recommend against choosing me to program physics systems for you.
(Anything I didn't mention here I am probably average at)

Some Work Examples:
  • Modular Inventory System:
    • This inventory system was all created using a single .csv sheet. You could add/edit items in seconds.
  • Basic Terrain Editor:
    • It also supports buffer based saving/loading & exporting to a final lighter weight system.
  • Horde Pathfinding AI without intersecting:
  • Build menu I created per request:
  • Randomly Generated World:
    • This was also created for an online game, meaning all players would load into the same randomly generated world
  • Login Screen:
  • UI Showcase (These are all from the same game):
  • Player Statistics Screen (this one was incomplete):
  • Older Settings Menu:

Payment:

I exclusively work on PayPal. If you for some reason absolutely cannot use PayPal then we can discuss other methods privately.
I will not accept rev-shares, unless you're a part of a previously successful team and your game has promise. I (among many others I'm sure) do not like depending on a game to be successful in order to get paid.
I do not have a fixed pay rate, but I am willing to work for cheap. I can work by the hour or single payments which ever works best for you.
I do this for a living however so please don't ask if your offer is ridiculously low.

Usually I work freelance, however if you have a cool project and you'd like me to join as a full time member of your team I'd happily consider!

Contacts:

I wouldn't be surprised if I forgot to mention something here, so if you have any questions for me. Or you want my work then you can contact me from here:
- Discord: CurrentCanine#7900
- Email: [email protected]
I prefer Discord as I respond quicker there, but either works fine.
(or you can contact me through the forums, but I would much rather one of the other two methods...)

Thank you for reading, and I hope I can be of service!

Last edited:
I added some examples just to show a little bit of what I am capable of =)
Edit:
Updated some examples to show some more recent projects I did.

Last edited:
Bump, I now have GMS2 so I can help on any project instead of just 1.4!! :D
(I also updated one of my menu examples to showcase a newer version)

S

SpongeBound104

Hello there, I’m currently making a 2D Platform Fighting Fan Game and need a GameMaker Programmer. If you’re interested, please reply and we can talk more about the project.

D

Deleted member 16767

I recommend Isaiah. He made something for me really fast and it was just what I wanted! 5 stars out of 5.