• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Discussion [CLOSED] CHARACTER OFF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Whirlpoolio

Hey!
I've seen a thread where you draw what the other person said. Well I'm taking it to the next level - You have to draw a pixel art character based on the description that someone gives you. Let's say I said "A banana man who is bad at art and loves to fight" - You'd have to go off of your imagination and make some weird art...
If you want to go above and beyond then you could do some animations (idle, attacking, sleeping, playing ping pong etc.) WELL then...
I CHALLENGE YOU TO DRAW...
A cat dressed as a banana

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Guest User

A girl - aged 13 - 15 - who has been haunted by her past, her father said she ruined her life and walked out on her, her brother died and her stepdad tried to infect her soul. She has trained to become a swordsman and always wears a cloak covering her face. Lets see if you can draw that (I know its complex and detailed, but that is the point!)
but isn't that just the main character of your game? :p
are you trying to get fanart or do you just want to see how other people imagine them based off their description? cus y'might want to explain what the heck "infect their soul" means if it's the former.

G

Guest User

@Whirlpoolio - Love the idea. How about someone else chooses the character first? :p
ok draw a character thats a 9 foot tall woman who wears a black smiling mask with white teeth and a ring around the right eye and one of the eyes is white and the other is red also it has a square grey nose thing in the middle. she has horns and is covered in red feathers and she has a tail and claws. she wears abusiness suit and i just made her up right now. (^=
if you're feeling up to it maybe you can make a character portrait of her in the 16 color VGA color palette at 352x360 pixel size to give yourself some extra challenge (;

jk i actually agree with you though. i mean, i can see it still being neat to draw fanart of characters people have made for their games, but...not to actually use in the games lmao. that's for the collab forum. :D

W

Whirlpoolio

Well I returned after an hour with pixel art of an actual cat in a banana suit as I often leave pixel art and other art in forum posts...

I will comply.
RIP me goodbye thread - Can some mods lock this xD

MOD EDIT: Closed as requested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.