• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Clicking through other objects between rooms

N

NvoyMG

Hello all, I'm currently working on a Drag+drop game as a hobby, and I am running into a problem I had on GM1 years ago, and it is that there's a point where two objects that overlap in different rooms click through each other.

For example, a "back arrow" button on in a room is in the same place as a button in a different room (let's call it "forward") that moves to another room. If I were to click the "back arrow", it would skip the room the "forward" button is in and go to where the "forward" button leads.

I'm not sure if there's some sort of delay I can implement in the room or the objects themselves to stop the clicking action from occurring on both objects in their separate rooms, however I'm open to ideas, both in drag+drop and/or code I can implement into the existing objects. Thanks!