• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Clicking in between () shows tooltip with arguments [SUGGESTION]

xDGameStudios

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
after writing the function name and opening the "(" the tooltip goes again!!

I would know if it would be possible to.. show a tooltip with the arguments needed to be passed to the currect function... (I know it shows in the bottom of the script window)... but that is not very good placed.... specially when working with reduced sized screens and knowing that workspaces make it possible for windows get past the bottom of the screen.

or make it so it would be possible to activate this as an option...
so the tooltip stays on.. while inside the "()".

What are do you think!?

Kaliam

Would be a decent feature to just have the tool tip text appear in place of where your typing and have arguments disappear as you write them. Personally I don't mind the current system except, like you said, on small screens it always falls out of the workspace. But tbh the whole UI is just crappy to use on a 768p laptop screen as you constantly have to dock windows that automatically open just to get enough space to see what's even going on in your room or workspace.

Last edited:

xDGameStudios

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Would be a decent feature to just have the tool tip text appear in place of where your typing and have arguments disappear as you write them. Personally I don't mind the current system except, like you said, on small screens it always falls out of the workspace. But tbh the whole UI is just crappy to use on a 768p laptop screen as you constantly have to dock windows that automatically open just to get enough space to see what's even going on in your room or workspace.
What about transfering the bottom infobar to a bar located fixed at the bottom of the workspace window? Right above the bottom tabs (output, errors, search)