• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Circular Charging gauge

T

Two_kings_Games

hello, this is mainly to see if im going in the right direction.

So Im trying to create a gauge for the player and enemies to share. Once they hit certain spots in the gauge they are able to take certain action like in a rpg. But my problem is setting up the values for diameter , circumference and whatever else.

But what Im thinking is that I can use the path editor to create the path I want enemies to take and allies to take.

Then I want to give those paths a value of lets say 100. Then make take that value and split it by 50, 25,25 each representing a point on my circular object created with the path editor. Then set up objects to travel on it at a certain speed.

But for now I just want to be sure I can set up this circular shape with the value of 100 to manipulate.

Im still very new at all this. Been main recreating other games for now. So if what I posted doesn't make to much since Im sorry. But Im going to put up a picture of what Im talking about

Attachments

T

trentallain

hello, this is mainly to see if im going in the right direction.

So Im trying to create a gauge for the player and enemies to share. Once they hit certain spots in the gauge they are able to take certain action like in a rpg. But my problem is setting up the values for diameter , circumference and whatever else.

But what Im thinking is that I can use the path editor to create the path I want enemies to take and allies to take.

Then I want to give those paths a value of lets say 100. Then make take that value and split it by 50, 25,25 each representing a point on my circular object created with the path editor. Then set up objects to travel on it at a certain speed.

But for now I just want to be sure I can set up this circular shape with the value of 100 to manipulate.

Im still very new at all this. Been main recreating other games for now. So if what I posted doesn't make to much since Im sorry. But Im going to put up a picture of what Im talking about
Take a look a this here: http://ludumdare.com/compo/2015/04/...lth-bars-with-gamemaker-code-and-explanation/

And for the player icons around the edge, look up lengthdir_x/y in the manual.

T

Two_kings_Games