• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Graphics Circle around planets [3D]

Mert

Currently working on an 3D space game, I wanted to draw planets.

I draw a simple d3d_sphere. (also with d3d lighting). What I want is to draw some circle around the planet just like you can see it here : http://planetmaker.wthr.us

How can I do that ?

That link doesn't load for me, but what do you mean by circle exactly? Are you talking about a ring system like saturn's? A selection ring? An orbital path?

kamiyasi

I can't open the link either, but I've done something like what it sounds like you're describing and I like to do it like this;
switch to orthographic perspective. Use draw_set_circle_precision(precision) to adjust the number of primitive drawing steps as needed, then draw the shape.

G

Green Human

The link loaded for me, he's referring to the aura around planets^. Like a type of "glow"