• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Child room wont inherit parent layers

Ervindark

I'm following a tutorial on Youtube where someone created a child room.
When he added a new layer in his parent room it automatically added it to the child room as well.
But not for me. When I add a layer in the parent room it doesn't convert to the child room, even if all "inherit" buttons are checked.
Is this a new version thing? glitch? does anyone have the same issue?

Slyddar

D

Dan92

I'm following a tutorial on Youtube where someone created a child room.
When he added a new layer in his parent room it automatically added it to the child room as well.
But not for me. When I add a layer in the parent room it doesn't convert to the child room, even if all "inherit" buttons are checked.
Is this a new version thing? glitch? does anyone have the same issue?
I'm having the same issue in GMS2.3 latest version

D

Dan92

(SOLVED)My Child-Rooms would not inherit the new layers that I would make in my Parent-Rooms. I assume it was a bug put in after 2.3, but the fix I found was to toggle the "Inherit" button (at the bottom of the "Layers - rVillage") which is next to the delete selected layer Icon. Turn it off and then back on again.
Inherit Button.png