Chemistry and subjects and the platform for strategy in game design/development

tetris_mess

My question is, what can anyone else tell me about this subject. I just managed to study math and I taught myself chemistry. Thanks for any help with a very advanced concept. I don't even know where to begin asked questions. Can someone give me some first-order insight and move inspiration this way? I'm definitely on a path in my life here, and I could really use some structure.

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
It seems like they are trying to ask what they should learn/study for gamedev, as in like what is next after what they already did.

Based on that assumption, I suggest you just did in and try some basic game creation. Gamemaker is good for that. Work through some basic tutorials, make some clones of some retro games(you would be surprised how much you learn recreating Pong, Breakout/Arkanoid, Asteroids, Pac-Man, Tetris). As you start making more complicated games, you will see what(if any) things you need to study up and learn.

tetris_mess

Chemistry, the science that deals with the properties, composition, and structure of substances (defined as elements and compounds), the transformations they undergo, and the energy that is released or absorbed during these processes, and the investigation of those properties.

but applied to game design...

One concept in chemistry that I've defined to myself(that I'm still developing) is applied to designing a game or the mechanics, understanding isolated/non-isolated systems.

I'm really into taking real-world concepts, and applying those principles to a game, not so much to determine realistic effects...but to find new mechanics in life that apply to concepts in designing a game(mostly the mechanics). I want to consider problems in game design and engineering a program, and how to best find solutions to those problems.

I'm mainly focusing on what solutions we can find in different areas of game development(if they aren't available to us already) in terms of chemistry and how those solutions in chemistry are analogous when designing games. I want to find problems we don't even know exist, and I want to solve those problems, and then apply those principles where they apply in our own practices being game developers, becoming more aware of how understanding different principles shape our designs in any area of life...when we have useful building concepts. I'm considering chemistry in this thread and not physics or anything else to wrap my head around all the building concepts I can discover or share here.

• I'm also considering what the complete chemistry of game design would look like, as I'm just trying to be radically open-minded, to come up with new ideas for puzzle games and platformers and shoot'em ups and stuff
  • I'm even considering the complex emotional or psychological interaction between two or more people that make up a story(what the "chemistry" of those people are)
  • My thinking is centered a lot around the composition of properties of any substance or body, and how that could apply to game design effectively, really
There are so many different shapes and their features, and I'm just here to open my mind with people who see a direction that we can focus on to make clearer observations...by clarifying those directions we are looking in when we are people who have a keen eye for seeing where to make an adjustment(finding where we can begin working on new concepts together). I'm way into gaming, and my philosophy is to seek self-knowledge, clarity, wisdom, and truth, and then express it artistically. There is something so beautiful about making a career out of being a creative type.

There are also different approaches to designs and different levels of chemistry that can be utilized to build so much excitement into the gameplay, to offer more to a player in the gaming experience, and I wish to explore this with everyone in this thread.