Checking Instance Position Problem

Discussion in 'Programming' started by buhalda, Apr 1, 2017.

1. buhalda

buhalda Guest

Instead of changing each individual wall, I made a code in the create event:

depth = -y;
    image_speed = 0;

if instance_place(16,0,obj_wall_template) && instance_place(-16,0,obj_wall_template)
    {
    image_index = 0;
    }

if instance_place(16,0,obj_wall_template) && instance_place(0,-16,obj_wall_template)
    {
    image_index = 1;
    }
    and so on...
    Each wall is centered at 8,32 (size is 16x32) at the bottom. I want the code to check if there is a wall for example below 16 of it, and to the right 16 of it, and if those conditions are met, make the image changes so that its an L shaped wall instead of a straight one. But for some reason it doesn't do it. Not very sure which code to use, I've tried a few kinds, none worked. Help, am I using the wrong code? I'm bad at position checking...
    cd2.PNG

2. TheBroman90

TheBroman90 Member

instance_place is used for getting an id from an instance. I think you should use place_meeting instead.

3. buhalda

buhalda Guest

OK it works but with place_meeting instead, also I thought it was relative, apparently you have to put x+ before it

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2017