• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Check if game keeps aspect ratio in code?

S

Sam (Deleted User)

Is there a way in GML to check whether "keep aspect ratio" is turned on in Game Options?

Is this something anyone else needs?

If you post in here you want it, and it's not already a feature, I could link to this thread in a help desk ticket to show there's some level of demand for it, and hopefully they'll consider it a feature for a future version.

I currently need this for an extension I'm working on, otherwise I will have to write two separate versions of the example object, one for full scale, one for keep aspect ratio.

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
Is there a way in GML to check whether "keep aspect ratio" is turned on in Game Options?
Assume the game to be running in "full scale" option up until the point where application_surface's aspect ratio no longer generally matches (abs(ar1-ar2) > 0.01) the aspect ratio of window/screen (depending on whether in fullscreen mode).

S

Sam (Deleted User)

That's perfect! I don't why the size of the application surface didn't occur to me! Thank you so much d00d! :D @YellowAfterlife