Check for physics collision

T

TonyStr

Hi, I'm using gamemaker's built-in physics system, and i need to check if the object is or will be colliding with another physics object. The code I'm currenly using works great, however i collide with every sprite because i use collision_line. I have also tried using place_meeting, but that does the same- they check for collisions between sprites. I need to check for collisions between the built in "Collision shape". I know this must be possible as the collision event can detect this.

A

Askhat

So, what the question? If you ask about physics collision, you just add collision event with another physics object, and it will work.

T

TonyStr

So, what the question? If you ask about physics collision, you just add collision event with another physics object, and it will work.
Yes, i know that, but i need to be able to check for the collision outside of a collision event. For example in a script, would be useful if there was something like if(physics_colliding(object)) {}

A

Askhat

The simplest way is just to write in collision event, which will be triggered when object collide. It will be interesting to know another method for me too)

T

TonyStr

The simplest way is just to write in collision event, which will be triggered when object collide. It will be interesting to know another method for me too)
i am using that for basic collisions, however i need to check for a specific script