Check for physics collision

TonyStr

Hi, I'm using gamemaker's built-in physics system, and i need to check if the object is or will be colliding with another physics object. The code I'm currenly using works great, however i collide with every sprite because i use collision_line. I have also tried using place_meeting, but that does the same- they check for collisions between sprites. I need to check for collisions between the built in "Collision shape". I know this must be possible as the collision event can detect this.

Askhat

So, what the question? If you ask about physics collision, you just add collision event with another physics object, and it will work.

TonyStr

So, what the question? If you ask about physics collision, you just add collision event with another physics object, and it will work.
Yes, i know that, but i need to be able to check for the collision outside of a collision event. For example in a script, would be useful if there was something like if(physics_colliding(object)) {}

Askhat

The simplest way is just to write in collision event, which will be triggered when object collide. It will be interesting to know another method for me too)

TonyStr

The simplest way is just to write in collision event, which will be triggered when object collide. It will be interesting to know another method for me too)
i am using that for basic collisions, however i need to check for a specific script