Asset - Extension Chartboost SDK Extension not Working on iOS

W

waysor

Hi all,

I am using the Chartboost SDK Extension by j_gonfer, from the GameMaker Marketplace. Using the extension, I was able to get Chartboost ads working on my Android app. However, when porting my app to iOS, the ads do not display. My Chartboost console says that the iOS Chartboost SDK has never initialized. Does anyone know what I might need to do differently on iOS than on Android to initialize the SDK using this extension?

The app compiles and runs just fine, without crashing, but Chartboost never initializes. In the app console output, the call to Chartboost Init does happen. I updated the appID and appSignature fields with the ones for my iOS Chartboost app.

The app is in testing right now. Is it possible that the iOS version for Chartboost needs the app to be released on the store, instead of in testing? The Android version worked fine during testing.

I am using Gamemaker Studio 1.4. My iOS testing device (iPod Touch) is using iOS 12.1.1. My Mac Mini (that my Windows computer sends the program through) is using macOS 10.14.1.

Thanks!

W

waysor

Have you tried contacting the author of the extension?
I sent him a message, but have not received a reply yet. So I thought I would ask the community, in case anyone who had experience with this extension or Chartboost for iOS in general has any idea what might be going on.

W

waysor

So I have done some further tests, and have found that the standard Chartboost Objective C example works with my game's ID, but the GameMaker example by j_gonfer does not seem to work. It is interesting because, when I used Wire Shark, I found that the program is still sending a message to Chartboost, but fails to initialize.

So, I'm not sure if the extension is out of date for iOS, or what the problem might be?

W

waysor

Still never found an answer. For now I am using AdMobs for iOS instead.