Legacy GM Character speed based on ground angle

D

Dopaminestudios

So after about two months I finally figured out the code to this sonic like platforming engine. There are a few things that still elude my right now and this is one of the big ones. So I have the character able to rotate and move according to the angle of the ground, that is found by two sensor dots, but I cant seem to figure out how to get the character to slow down, when going up a hill, and speed up, when going down a hill. If anyone can give me a pointer on where and how i could create the code that would be able to achieve this. My trig skills aren't that great.

Link to game file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_lL_D_dyYRhSzd3SHhJRkNxcmM

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
I would suggest that you post the relevant code in a post rather than link to the project files. Most people don't have time to download someone else's engine and dig through code that they haven't written to find something...

D

Dopaminestudios

I would suggest that you post the relevant code in a post rather than link to the project files. Most people don't have time to download someone else's engine and dig through code that they haven't written to find something...
Thank you! I was wondering why I couldn't find help