GameMaker Character Knock back Doesn't Exist (SOLVED)

B

BlueBird02

I made sure I typed down everything from this tutorial video.

I added the enemy knockback code, and it works just as I expected.

But when I added on the player character (and made sure to copy the code from the video), all I get is this tiny message:state.PNG

It didn't crash the game, but it didn't make the main character do her knock animation.help.PNG
She does take damage and die, but she doesn't activate her knockback code.

Is there something I missed putting? I made sure to copy the code on the Knockback_state script.

Slyddar

The large screenshots don't really help us know what the problem is. We need to see the code relating to the problem. Show us the create code where you define the knockback state. Show us some code where you are calling the state. Ensure you put [.code.] and [./code/] around the code, without the period, so we can read it easier.

B

BlueBird02

The large screenshots don't really help us know what the problem is. We need to see the code relating to the problem. Show us the create code where you define the knockback state. Show us some code where you are calling the state. Ensure you put [.code.] and [./code/] around the code, without the period, so we can read it easier.

all right! Here are the screenshots!

This is the obj_hero's (Player) create code
create.PNG

This is obj_loopy's create code (Enemy)

enemy.PNG

and this is the knockback code script. (The player, and enemy's code)

knock.PNG

Slyddar

What's the code where you are calling the knockback script, and where are you defining the states? Also we don't need screenshots, you can just paste the code directly if it's easier.

B

BlueBird02

What's the code where you are calling the knockback script, and where are you defining the states? Also we don't need screenshots, you can just paste the code directly if it's easier.

Nevermind, I spoke to the creator and he helped me with the problem. Thank you for your willing to help