• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Changing windows settings does not change anything!

S

SuperDotaPlaya

I am having issues changing the text that shows at the top of the window as well as allowing fullscreen and resizing of the window as chagning the windows settings does not seem to be working. What is a way to find out the issue here, or am I missing something?

rIKmAN

I am having issues changing the text that shows at the top of the window as well as allowing fullscreen and resizing of the window as chagning the windows settings does not seem to be working. What is a way to find out the issue here, or am I missing something?
Code:
window_set_caption("BLAH");
Works here, just tried it.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
HOW are you changing the window size and doing fullscreen? Without that data we can't tell you what you are doing wrong...

S

SuperDotaPlaya

I mean when you go into the platform settings for windows,

upload_2017-3-28_1-24-29.png
when I fill in these fields nothing changes in the game still get this:
upload_2017-3-28_1-25-9.png
and the splash screens are not updating either and after changing it to start in full screen mode, this also does not make the game start in full screen mode and it also does not allow people to adjust the window size.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
and the splash screens are not updating either and after changing it to start in full screen mode, this also does not make the game start in full screen mode and it also does not allow people to adjust the window size.
Just tested and all those functions of the Game Options work for me. Setting the Display name, permitting resizing, using full screen and changing the splash screens all work fine. What licence are you using? And what version of GMS2?

rIKmAN

I mean when you go into the platform settings for windows,

View attachment 8174
when I fill in these fields nothing changes in the game still get this:
View attachment 8175
edit: ninja'd by Noc. :)

I've just tested these now:

Start in fullscreen works.
Alt-Enter to switch between full screen and windowed mode works
Resizing the window (when in window mode) works.
The window title appears to what I changed "Display Name" to.
That information you filled out appears correctly if you build an exe file, and then right click - properties - details.

Are you sure you clicked "Apply" in the IDE when you changed the options?

S

SuperDotaPlaya

Im not using the trial, I purchased the windows version through steam

S

SuperDotaPlaya

edit: ninja'd by Noc. :)

I've just tested these now:

Start in fullscreen works.
Alt-Enter to switch between full screen and windowed mode works
Resizing the window (when in window mode) works.
The window title appears to what I changed "Display Name" to.
That information you filled out appears correctly if you build an exe file, and then right click - properties - details.

Are you sure you clicked "Apply" in the IDE when you changed the options?
yes, I have gone through to find the file that holds this information and it is updated there, but the game does not seem to take those settings

S

SuperDotaPlaya

Are you setting the viewport or anything in the actual game itself?
yes, but in my project from before it allowed me to use this option before as well, also this seems like it should not matter in order to change the application title on the window, it seems like none of the options are working

rIKmAN

yes, but in my project from before it allowed me to use this option before as well, also this seems like it should not matter in order to change the application title on the window, it seems like none of the options are working
The definately work, as I tested them earlier as did Nocturne.

Are you using a trial version or do you have a full licence?
Maybe try reinstalling, as something seems to be quite wrong with your installation if those things aren't working.

S

SuperDotaPlaya

The definately work, as I tested them earlier as did Nocturne.

Are you using a trial version or do you have a full licence?
Maybe try reinstalling, as something seems to be quite wrong with your installation if those things aren't working.
I know they work for most people, but im still having issues after a clean install, I am using the windows version from steam for 100 bucks, and these settings are not working, the file that comiles everything is uppdated to what i change it to int ehw indow, but the game does not seem to read it

rIKmAN

I know they work for most people, but im still having issues after a clean install, I am using the windows version from steam for 100 bucks, and these settings are not working, the file that comiles everything is uppdated to what i change it to int ehw indow, but the game does not seem to read it
What do you mean?
So the details are correct when you look at the properties of the generated .exe file, but the Window Title still does not change?

S

SuperDotaPlaya

What do you mean?
So the details are correct when you look at the properties of the generated .exe file, but the Window Title still does not change?
so in gms2 I have this:

upload_2017-3-28_22-36-52.png

in my options file this is what it has

upload_2017-3-28_22-37-31.png

yet nothing in the game updates, and I even built it as a zip and installer and they are not updating there either... I tried a reinstall, I deleted the options file to force it to make a new one, and it still did not work

rIKmAN

@SuperDotaPlaya
What do you mean by "nothing in the game updates"?
Be specific - the more detail the better as that is a pretty vague statement, and none those option would affect anything happening "in" the game so I'm a little confused.

That information about company name, description etc can be seen when you right click the .exe file, choose properties and go to the "details" tab.

If "Start fullscreen" is ticked, then it should start in fullscreen mode.
If "Allow fullscreen switching" is ticked, you should be able to press Alt-Enter to switch between fullscreen and windowed mode.

If that isn't happening, make sure your graphics card drivers are up to date and make sure the card supports DX11.
What are your system specs and OS?

S

SuperDotaPlaya

@SuperDotaPlaya
What do you mean by "nothing in the game updates"?
Be specific - the more detail the better as that is a pretty vague statement, and none those option would affect anything happening "in" the game so I'm a little confused.

That information about company name, description etc can be seen when you right click the .exe file, choose properties and go to the "details" tab.

If "Start fullscreen" is ticked, then it should start in fullscreen mode.
If "Allow fullscreen switching" is ticked, you should be able to press Alt-Enter to switch between fullscreen and windowed mode.

If that isn't happening, make sure your graphics card drivers are up to date and make sure the card supports DX11.
What are your system specs and OS?
I am using windows 10, Intel Core i7 4790k, AMD RX 480 8GB version, graphics drivers are up to date and it supports up to dx12, I have fullscreen checked but it doesnt start in full screen

rIKmAN

I am using windows 10, Intel Core i7 4790k, AMD RX 480 8GB version, graphics drivers are up to date and it supports up to dx12, I have fullscreen checked but it doesnt start in full screen
Same OS as me but I have an i7-7700K, and a GTX 1060 and it all works fine here.

If you've tried an uninstall / reinstall like you said, your best bet is to contact the YYG helpdesk.
They will ask you to provide some logs from your computer and hopefully be able to work out what the problem is.

S

SuperDotaPlaya

Same OS as me but I have an i7-7700K, and a GTX 1060 and it all works fine here.

If you've tried an uninstall / reinstall like you said, your best bet is to contact the YYG helpdesk.
They will ask you to provide some logs from your computer and hopefully be able to work out what the problem is.
ok thanks for the help :)

S

SuperDotaPlaya

SO after looking t my logs for when I run the game it says I do not have an options.ini file, how would I go about generating one?