• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows changing the dpi setting

sawhite

I have a student that changed the dpi setting in GameMaker Studio 2 on one of my school computers. Now when you open GMS it opens to giant font and you cannot move around the screen - therefore I cannot reset it. I have tried updating GMS, removing it completely and reinstalling - even removing the GMS2 folder that games are stored in when run locally - but everytime I reinstall the setting remains the same. I thought maybe I could force it to reset by opening the preferences and hitting the tab key - I tried 25 times, then 26 times, then 27 times, nothing works. I need to know how to reset this without needing to go through the preferences. Where is this file saved on the computer so I can remove it? Please help!!!

Attachments

sylvain_l

have you tried C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\
there is a file named dpi_override.json I think that's the one responsible for that setting

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
That second screenshot actually tells you how to fix the issue! The top right corner displays a message that if you click it will reset the DPi override settings. :)