changing system playback and audio playback

When I start my game whatever option selected for system playback is what the audio system locks onto.

If you change your system play-back while your game is running the audio wont update to the new play-back device.

Does anyone know how to check for this?
I.E. changing from "surround sound" to "headphones" I want the music to follow the device

rytan451

That's odd. Check with a second window playing sound simultaneously. I recommend playing a video on YouTube. If the YouTube video plays the sound to the new audio device as desired, but the game still plays the sound to the old audio device, this is a bug with GMS. If both YouTube and the game play the sound to the old audio device, then your audio device (or your computer's sound output) is likely broken.

If it's a bug with GMS, report it as a bug on YoYo Games' website.

I dont know what is causing it, jumping to the conclusion it is a bug and reporting it would be presumptuous.
I am not sure why my original post is confusing. I am pretty new to the audio system but you can tell by my posts count.

I guess I am asking what functions or what thread I should be looking into.... I am not good at the forums searching

game maker has a downloadable manual for multiple languages now but unfortunately some of the examples are confusing or misleading.
I am sure one could figure it out the way everyone did before the invention of internet forums trial and error, wouldn't it be great to stay young forever?
Since these are here I thought to use so far the manual has been the most useful.

There is a function called
gpu_set_state

but I cannot find much information on it. When I search the forums it just returns no results found. The manual doesn't include much other than that I should try it for myself.

Does anyone familiar with this function know if you can reset listening device in this?