Windows Changing colors for a character creation screen(HSV) - Keeping the outline untouched[SOLVED]

R

RealsLife

I want to change the color of an image with some programmed bars where you can change the HSV. I don't want the outline to be affected. Is there a way where the grey outline can be "untouched" in this process?

Somthing like take this image change the HSV but keep this color untouched.

I think about maybe doing the outline in code but it will take more memory than an outline that is already drawn(or I atleast I think it works that way)...

Last edited by a moderator:

Perseus

Not Medusa
Forum Staff
You are going to waste more memory by trying to keep a specific colour unaffected when doing a palette swap for the entire sprite. So drawing the outline via code would be better.

You could make the outline and the base structure two different sprites, then apply the colour to the base sprite and draw the outline before/after drawing the altered sprite. If you prefer not to use multiple sprites, then do the outline entirely via code.

R

RealsLife

You are going to waste more memory by trying to keep a specific colour unaffected when doing a palette swap for the entire sprite. So drawing the outline via code would be better.

You could make the outline and the base structure two different sprites, then apply the colour to the base sprite and draw the outline before/after drawing the altered sprite. If you prefer not to use multiple sprites, then do the outline entirely via code.
Thank you :)

If you are using my palette swapper system, it's very easy to retain a specific color. Check out the link in my description and see if it might fit your needs.

R

RealsLife

If you are using my palette swapper system, it's very easy to retain a specific color. Check out the link in my description and see if it might fit your needs.
Ohh the palette swapper seems really nice :D thx bro!