• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - GML Visual Change to GML

S

Siracher

Hi

is it possible to change a project from D&D back to GML? Or is this only possible if you create anew project and decide there?

K

Kuro

You can switch between them freely. DnD gets turned into GML, but GML won't go back to DnD. It will instead become a GML block that you can still build DnD logic above and below. I don't know if there's a global setting, maybe someone else does? But you can right click on a script, DnD or GML and convert it back and forth.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
No there is no global setting at the moment (although I believe one will be getting added in the future). For now, just right click on the DnD workspace or in the code editor and select the "Convert to... " option to switch between them at an object level.

S

Siracher

Hi

thanks for the infos. Ok that's fine.
I just would prefer now to work only in GML, as the DND use quite some space on the screen.

In the next project then...