Change Tile Layer

L

lmcpereira

Hello,
In the game room I have 2 tile layers. Unfortunatelly some (a lot) of tiles were incorretly put in the wrong layer.
Is there any way of changing those tiles from one layer to another?

I'm trying to avoid having to manually delete all of them in one layer and creating them in the other layer.

As a side question: is it possible to merge layers?

thanks and regards,
Luis

L

lmcpereira

OK, thanks sp202 regarding the merging question.
In what concerns to the 1st question (transferring several tiles from one layer to another) anyone as any idea?

Thanks

sp202

I don't know if it's feasible (read: possible at all) to move tiles scattered around the layer onto another one in any simple manner. What's the tile setup like and why do you want to move them?

L

lmcpereira

It is a game (not made by me) that I'm migrating from a previous version of GM to GMS1.4 and use that migration to learn more about GM and GML. Analysing the tiles and the goal of each layer it is evident that some (scattered) tiles were put in the wrong layer and I wanted to correct it. I would expect that (even if manually, through each tile properties window) I could change from one to other layer but apparently that option is not available in the tile properties window. Was hoping that such option was available somewhere...

TheouAegis

Well, you can go into Documents\GameMaker\Projects\<Project Name>\Rooms and open the room with the wrong tiles in NotePad and edit the tiles there.

L

lmcpereira

Didn't know that. That helped a lot. thanks to you both.

TheouAegis

If that helped a lot, you're more patient than I am - and i stare at assembly for a couple hours a night. But if it helped ya, good.

L

lmcpereira

It was not ideal as I would expect that such simple functionality (to be able to select one tile and change it from layer A to layer B) to be nativelly available, but since that is not available in GM, at least your suggestion allowed me to make the job.