Change the look of the forum.

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
It's interesting but I like green, it reminds me more of Game Maker and the brand YoYo Games, the logo is green. It is very good for me.
I think this theme is clean and very easy to view. :)

Last edited:
R

RylanStylin

honestly the first time i saw the game maker community forums i thought it was only for GMS1 and tried to look for a gms2 one lol. Its kind of strange, they updated the look of everything else but not the forums, makes it seem outdated.

EDIT: but if you're a legacy member of gms then i can see why you would be attached to it.

GMWolf

aka fel666
Hey, can we potentially get rid of all the green and change it to be entirely grey, black, and white? With everything that has happened recently, I think a dystopian look would be more fitting.

Thanks!
If you want something truly dystopian then select the "cheap vaporware" them. (Bottom right left hand corner of the page)

[Edit]
I don't know my left from my right.

Last edited:

O.Stogden

Dark Skin = The "Modern" Look.

Light Skin = How the internet was in the early days of 2017, before the gloriousness of Dark Themes were fully appreciated.

Cheap Vapourwave = The default skin when a Memelord hacks the forums.

But the Light Skin is pretty much the white/grey/black theme.

Z

zendraw

Dark Skin = The "Modern" Look.

Light Skin = How the internet was in the early days of 2017, before the gloriousness of Dark Themes were fully appreciated.

Cheap Vapourwave = The default skin when a Memelord hacks the forums.

But the Light Skin is pretty much the white/grey/black theme.
setting the skin to vaporwave and sayng forum got hacked is not a bad april fools joke.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Why should the whole forum change just because you've been having a rough time with watching too much mainstream news?

In the same time period, some people around here have released new products, others have started new YouTube series and Twitch streams, and others have gotten more done in less than a year than the several years before combined. I can name at least a dozen members on the GMC in addition to myself for whom this year was utopian from a developer's perspective, if not deeper at a personal level. If the default theme on the GMC is supposed to stand for something, it should be for people who got stuff done rain or shine, not for couch-bound troglodytes who stew themselves in dysfunctional politics.

I've had rough spots in my life before, but not once have I ever demanded that the GMC be reskinned in my image because of them. That would just be selfish.