• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Steam Change Steam popup position.

Rafael_Lima

Some Steam games change the position where popups appear. The default is bottom right, but in my case this ends up covering important area of the game, which is very annoying.

I know how the user can set this manually for his games, but I also know games can override the user setup. This I don't know how to do, and I didn't see anything about that on GMS2 studio documentation.

Anyone can shed some light on this matter, please? Thank you in advance :)

Rafael_Lima

Yeah, I want my game to work on Linux too.

Anyway I already requested this to the Yoyogames team. I think it was an oversight from them.

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
I don't think I've ever seen a game move the notifications around, but I guess you can do that.

Added two functions to my Steamworks wrapper.
Note that you'll need to compile it for desired platforms! (see README)

Example:
Code:
steam_set_overlay_notification_position(steam_overlay_notification_position_top_left);
steam_set_overlay_notification_inset(10, 10);
1615927792807.png

Rafael_Lima

I don't think I've ever seen a game move the notifications around, but I guess you can do that.

Added two functions to my Steamworks wrapper.
Note that you'll need to compile it for desired platforms! (see README)

Example:
Code:
steam_set_overlay_notification_position(steam_overlay_notification_position_top_left);
steam_set_overlay_notification_inset(10, 10);
Hey mate, late reply, but I just added your extension to my project. Thank you very much!

I see it's under MIT license.... still, do you want me to add some credit to you in the game somehow?

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
Hey mate, late reply, but I just added your extension to my project. Thank you very much!

I see it's under MIT license.... still, do you want me to add some credit to you in the game somehow?
MIT does require keeping the notice somewhere,
MIT license said:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
so you can do that - people often put me on Special Thanks for tools I made[/quote]