• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android change keystore back to previous one?

W

Wraithious

Hi, So a month or 2 ago I wiped gamemaker studio and installed the early access version so I could update my games because of the libping issue, I transferred my keystore and everything went fine, but then I had to re install early access again and when I imported my keystore either the key hash changed (i had bought more studio modules) or i messed something up (maybe I fat fingered the generate button?) but now I can't update my old apps because both the key hash and the sha1 key hash is now different!! how can i set it back to what it was previously? I know my old key hash and key hash(sha1) but it won't let me type them in, Please help, what can I do?

R

renex

You need the original keystore file and the password fields from the form. If you don't have that, your only option is to make a new store listing.

Unfortunately there is no other way.

W

Wraithious

I have all the passwords and info but the old keystore file was overwritten, can i just open it in notepad and change it or is that not an option :(

R

renex

Nope... generation takes the current time and a random identifier iirc. You can't generate the same key, and it is baked into the signing process so it's unrecoverable.

W

Wraithious

Nope... generation takes the current time and a random identifier iirc. You can't generate the same key, and it is baked into the signing process so it's unrecoverable.
Ok thanks, ill have to deal with it then and completly resubmit my old apps

R

renex

Make a backup of the new keystore and save yourself future trouble.

W

Wraithious

I definatly will and I'll keep it on a thumb drive and lock it in a safe or something lol

W

Wraithious

Maybe you were joking, but don't ever trust your keystore file to a thumb drive!
why is that bad? it's small, and fits in a file folder along with the screenshot and the rest of my buisiness documents, I also have saved it elsewhere but with all the viruses and coomputer failures that can happen at any time it's probably safer there and in one of my used inactive phones than anywhere else I would think

rIKmAN

why is that bad?
Because thumb drives are notoriously unreliable and can fail at any moment.

By all means store a copy on a thumb drive in yoru safe, but I wouldn't recommend that being the ONLY place you store the keyfile, otherwise you risk ending up in the situation you are in right now.

W

Wraithious

yep definatly, Im going to store it in 4 different places to be safe.

I just spent the last 2 hours redoing my apps for google play, and they take hours to publish after pressing the publish now button. The old apps are now gone which sucks, but at least the replacement ones are updated and work smoother but it's like starting from square 1

rIKmAN

Let me put it this way, renex is a rookie. Truth is, if you uploaded it to google console, google console saves your data in the management tab. You can dowload the certifucate and then reload it to get your keystore back. Your keystore is licensed to you. It will overright the one that got in the way of the one you created.
Safe to say "rookie" is one of your favourite words?

G

Guest User

I have a weird issue with mine. I backed up my keystore and I have the password and ect. to use it. Yet, I am unable to use it.