Change autotile library with code

Yal

šŸ§ *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
What library are you using currently? Are you referring to GM's built-in automatic tiling that changes tiles based on surrounding tiles, or some script / DLL that fills in empty spaces in the room with tiles?

chorrus

What library are you using currently? Are you referring to GM's built-in automatic tiling that changes tiles based on surrounding tiles, or some script / DLL that fills in empty spaces in the room with tiles?
Yes, I've used some other methods for autotiling before but I was curious if there's a way to change the built in autotiling library with code, would be pretty useful but somewhy I am guessing it is not possible.

H

Homunculus

What would you like to change exactly? I have a free extension on the marketplace to programmatically work with 48-tile based tilesets, you may take a look and see if you can change it to your needs.

chorrus

What would you like to change exactly? I have a free extension on the marketplace to programmatically work with 48-tile based tilesets, you may take a look and see if you can change it to your needs.
Your extension is pretty cool! It could definitely solve my problem. I was just curious if yoyo had a built-in functionality for autotiling with code(as they added autotiling in the level editor, adding a function to autotile and manage autotiling libraries in game would have been pretty useful).

GMWolf

aka fel666
Your extension is pretty cool! It could definitely solve my problem. I was just curious if yoyo had a built-in functionality for autotiling with code(as they added autotiling in the level editor, adding a function to autotile and manage autotiling libraries in game would have been pretty useful).
For in game, you could just write the code you need.
You can already modify tilemaps in code, that's all you need right?

chorrus

For in game, you could just write the code you need.
You can already modify tilemaps in code, that's all you need right?
Yeah, yeah, I know it is possible, I've done it before on GMS:1.4, this was just to make sure there wasn't a new way On GMS:2 as autotiling is new.

However, thanks all for your answers :)