Steam Celaria - 3D Parkour Platformer

Lewa

Celaria is a first-person racing parkour platformer in which the player races against the time on
various tracks. Find the fastest path to the goal and take
advantage of the environment in order to improve your runs as much as possible.

Features include:
Singleplayer Mode (25 maps with 5 difficulty levels)
Online-Leaderboards
Leaderboard Ghosts/Replays
Map-Editor
Online Multiplayer
Workshop integration

Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1081650/Celaria/
Discord: https://discord.gg/7PfVUXV

Last edited:

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Is this still being made with GameMaker? I thought I saw on Twitter some time back that you'd changed over to a custom engine... weren't you writing a Vulkan wrapper or something?

Lewa

The update looks fantastic. Have you ever tested or considered adding some anticipation to the camera tilting when approaching a wall-run?
Not sure if tilting the camera in anticipation is a good idea. (Mainly as this could be a bit disorienting if this happens everytime you jump near a wall.)
Though of course haven't tested it yet.

Is this still being made with GameMaker? I thought I saw on Twitter some time back that you'd changed over to a custom engine... weren't you writing a Vulkan wrapper or something?
I'm working on a custom engine however this game still runs in Game Maker.

Last edited:

Mert

It feels like Mirrors Edge, but really a better version(at least for me).
Congrats and good luck!

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
I'm working on a custom engine however this game still runs in Game Maker.
Ah, coool! I thought it did, but wanted to check... Very cool game, and you should submit it to the YYG showcase! Oh, and we'd love to hear about how you made it so if you fancy writing one or more guest tech blogs talking about the game, we'd love to hear from you. Just contact me through the PM system here if you're interested. :)

Not sure if tilting the camera in anticipation is a good idea. (Mainly as this could be a bit disorienting if this happens everytime you jump near a wall.)
Though of course haven't tested it yet.
Well, you'd only want it to happen if you were to be landing on a wall within the next few frames instead of just being near one altogether.

Lewa

Well, you'd only want it to happen if you were to be landing on a wall within the next few frames instead of just being near one altogether.
Maybe.
The reason the camera tilts only during the wallrun is so that you have an visual indication for it. (Otherwise it would be hard to tell if you got in contact with a wall and perform the said wallrun. Especially in the first-person perspective.)
Especially important as you can perform a walljump from a wall. (And that's only possible if you actually perform the wallrun. Hence you need a visual queue when/where this is possible.)

But i'll note the feedback. :)

Lewa

Released update 1.2.0.
New features include two dedicated speedrun modes, a daily featured community map playlist with daily leaderboards and ingame/integrated mapvoting for workshop maps.

More infos/details to this update can be found on the newshub on Steam: