• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Team Request Cartoonish cinematic still art needed

H

HBGE

Who am I & what am I developing?
Greetings! I'm HBGE, otherwise known as Christopher - a quiet Kiwi bloke who's currently nearing completion on a side-scrolling open-world adventure/platformer/shooter hybrid thing game that I've been working on for about a year.
The game utilizes a cartoony art style, but features a very serious storyline (considering its admittedly ludicrous concept of being a game where you play as an anthropomorphized spring) that is told via a framing device similar to Borderlands The Pre-Sequel, in that the player character is made to retell events from years past that he blames himself for and feels deep personal guilt over. The gameplay takes place within the events he retells.

The following screenshots should hopefully give an idea of the art style the game uses:

What am I looking for?
I am looking for an artist who is able to take the cartoonish art style of the game and apply it to cinematic stills that will be used as the main menu background and as backdrops to tell snippets of the story with more detail than what the in-game graphics can offer. Don't be fooled by the cartoonish style - this is not a kid's game, and approaching it as such will not work.
Be aware that the game utilizes a bizarre but small resolution - 480x340. I'm not looking for massive 1080p artwork.

If you are interested, feel free to PM me. Including links to some examples of your previous work would be much appreciated. To the chosen artist, I am able to send written descriptions for all stills and concept drawings for some and can, if you desire, also provide a playable but unfinished build of the game to help you understand most of the story and where each still will be used in-game.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

Attachments