• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Cars on Planets Engine (Gravity)

Yambam

Cars on Planets Engine
Maybe someone wants to make a game out of this. Or else it would make a good learning resource! :)

GM Version: Game Maker 8.0 (and maybe GM:Studio?) MOD EDIT: It is not compatible with Studio.
Target Platform: All
Download: http://gamemaker.mooo.com/games/229636-2d-lime-eye-cars-version
Links: N/A

Summary:
It's an engine for games with planetary gravity, possibly with cars in it!

Tutorial:
No tutorial. Try the example file and learn from there.

Last edited by a moderator:

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
GM Version: Game Maker 8.0 (and maybe GM:Studio?)
I'm afraid not. Your GM8 version (.gmk) file uses many obsolete functions, including execute_string(). So it definitely won't run in GM Studio, as is. It would need a fair amount of work.

The other problem I see is the near complete lack of proper line terminations (semi-colons). GM allows that, but it's a bad idea. It can lead to errors or unexpected results that can be hard to identify. So I strongly urge you to fix this.

Other than that, the code is well formatted and fairly easy to follow. So members who want the challenge of re-writing it for Studio should be able to do so. Ideally however, that member would be you. :rolleyes:

lolslayer

That would be great! I tried to port it the other day, but I think I messed up with it. I remember it was crashing for some reason I didn't know...
I can give it a try, but I won't promise anything, porting over is really hard to do :/