Cars on Planets Engine (Gravity)

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Yambam, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Yambam

Yambam Member

Cars on Planets Engine
    Maybe someone wants to make a game out of this. Or else it would make a good learning resource! :)

GM Version: Game Maker 8.0 (and maybe GM:Studio?) MOD EDIT: It is not compatible with Studio.
    Target Platform: All
    Download: http://gamemaker.mooo.com/games/229636-2d-lime-eye-cars-version
    Links: N/A

Summary:
    It's an engine for games with planetary gravity, possibly with cars in it!

Tutorial:
    No tutorial. Try the example file and learn from there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2016
  2. chance

chance predictably random Forum Staff Moderator

I'm afraid not. Your GM8 version (.gmk) file uses many obsolete functions, including execute_string(). So it definitely won't run in GM Studio, as is. It would need a fair amount of work.

The other problem I see is the near complete lack of proper line terminations (semi-colons). GM allows that, but it's a bad idea. It can lead to errors or unexpected results that can be hard to identify. So I strongly urge you to fix this.

Other than that, the code is well formatted and fairly easy to follow. So members who want the challenge of re-writing it for Studio should be able to do so. Ideally however, that member would be you. :rolleyes:

CyberTwister likes this.
  3. lolslayer

lolslayer Member

Hey, here's something I can port to Game Maker: Studio! :0

Yambam likes this.
  4. Yambam

Yambam Member

That would be great! I tried to port it the other day, but I think I messed up with it. I remember it was crashing for some reason I didn't know...

5. lolslayer

lolslayer Member

I can give it a try, but I won't promise anything, porting over is really hard to do :/