Card Hog - card-based dungeon crawler (out on Steam, Android and iOS)

SnoutUp

Card Hog is a Look, Your Loot! and Dungeon Cards inspired grid crawler with light RPG and deck building elements. Player moves a character card around, picking up weapons, fighting enemies, collecting items and using skills.

Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1163740/Card_Hog/
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.snoutup.cardhog
iOS (beta): https://testflight.apple.com/join/OoZvPOZg

1601539935269.png

Humble beginnings

There are different card combinations to explore and I'm trying to add more surprises (mostly pleasant ones) for the player.

Current features:
* Endless game mode
* Three bosses
* Dozens of different enemy, weapon and skill cards
* Basic card upgrade system
* Temporary mouse-drawn art (which some people like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

I'm working on a way to split some of the cards into a character-based specialty system and add more progression mechanics. Also in plans: fixed length "story" mode, NPC with light quests, more cards and their combinations, achievements, unlocks and all that jazz!

Try it out and let me know what you think! Feedback and all kinds of ideas are very welcome!
Cheers!

Last edited:

SnoutUp

Took me way too long, but finally coded in quest system, tied it with NPCs, bosses, rewards and mashed all of that together into a short (lame) story to test everything out.
Available now in both platforms!
Code:
case S01E00:
    QuestInfo(_quest, _s("Help!"), _s("So many enemies around,\nI am lost and alone!\nCan you help?"), _s("Sure thing!"));
    QuestReq(_quest, Req(STAT_MOVES, 10));
    QuestRew(_quest, RewardCreate(REWARD_CARD, CardParams("kisses", 0, 0, 0, 0, 3), true));
    QuestNpc(_quest, "Damsel", sprite_card_pig_damsel);
break;

SnoutUp

Character perks are now available in both wen and Android versions! Get a passive boost to make your adventure easier. NPCs will now drop useful items too.

Most important perk ever - move around without attacking anything and bore enemies to sleep.

SnoutUp

Playground mode is now available on Steam demo! Together with a few bug fixes and balance changes (shovels got stronger and locked perks are not being active).

Bearman_18

Fruit Stand Deadbeat
Bro. Card Hog is a ton of fun. I only really just started playing it, so hopefully I'll be able to provide more insightful feedback soon.
There's something thrilling about being targeted by a strong enemy, and dodging it by swapping places with those dodgy rabbit bastards. I tend to not kill bulls just so I can use them as a weapon for as long as possible. XD

R

RDarkfire

I just came here to say the game is amazing fun -- cheers! If I have anything more useful to say I'll pass it along.

SnoutUp

Bro. Card Hog is a ton of fun. I only really just started playing it, so hopefully I'll be able to provide more insightful feedback soon.
There's something thrilling about being targeted by a strong enemy, and dodging it by swapping places with those dodgy rabbit bastards. I tend to not kill bulls just so I can use them as a weapon for as long as possible. XD
Thank you very much! Always looking for more feedback :) If you dislike rabbits you might not enjoy the next boss enemy I have planned!

SnoutUp

Very small UI addition, but got a great reception already - added a progress bar for the next boss spawn.

ElBBfZdXIAE-sm_.png

SnoutUp

Of all the things... Crafting is now in Card Hog! Together with a zombie survival game mode. Available in all mobile versions and Steam/Gamejolt/Itchio!

Annotation 2020-11-27 191020.png