1. Hello Guest! It's with a heavy heart that we must announce the removal of the Legacy GMC Archive. If you wish to save anything from it, now's the time! Please see this topic for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Card Hog - card-based dungeon crawler (Android/Web DEMO)

Discussion in 'Work in Progress' started by SnoutUp, Sep 26, 2019.

1. SnoutUp

SnoutUp Member

Card Hog is a Look, Your Loot! and Dungeon Cards inspired grid crawler with light RPG and deck building elements. Player moves a character card around, picking up weapons, fighting enemies, collecting items and using skills.

Android | Web | Twitter

fixedPoison.gif

There are different card combinations to explore and I'm trying to add more surprises (mostly pleasant ones) for the player.

[​IMG]

Current features:
    * Endless game mode
    * Three bosses
    * Dozens of different enemy, weapon and skill cards
    * Basic card upgrade system
    * Temporary mouse-drawn art (which some people like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

[​IMG]

I'm working on a way to split some of the cards into a character-based specialty system and add more progression mechanics. Also in plans: fixed length "story" mode, NPC with light quests, more cards and their combinations, achievements, unlocks and all that jazz!

Android | Web | Twitter

Try it out and let me know what you think! Feedback and all kinds of ideas are very welcome!
    Cheers!

2. SnoutUp

SnoutUp Member

New enemy with multiple chaining (poop) mechanics.

[​IMG]

And a skill for player to do the same attack!

[​IMG]

RefresherTowel likes this.
  3. SnoutUp

SnoutUp Member

Took me way too long, but finally coded in quest system, tied it with NPCs, bosses, rewards and mashed all of that together into a short (lame) story to test everything out.
    Available now in both platforms!
    Code:
    case S01E00:
        QuestInfo(_quest, _s("Help!"), _s("So many enemies around,\nI am lost and alone!\nCan you help?"), _s("Sure thing!"));
        QuestReq(_quest, Req(STAT_MOVES, 10));
        QuestRew(_quest, RewardCreate(REWARD_CARD, CardParams("kisses", 0, 0, 0, 0, 3), true));
        QuestNpc(_quest, "Damsel", sprite_card_pig_damsel);
    break;

[​IMG]

mamacato likes this.
  4. Toque

Toque Member

I like your cards.

5. SnoutUp

SnoutUp Member

Different characters with their own card sets are now available in Android version (Story mode only for now)

[​IMG]

mamacato likes this.
  6. SnoutUp

SnoutUp Member

Character perks are now available in both wen and Android versions! Get a passive boost to make your adventure easier. NPCs will now drop useful items too.

[​IMG]

Most important perk ever - move around without attacking anything and bore enemies to sleep.

[​IMG]

7. SnoutUp

SnoutUp Member

8. SnoutUp

SnoutUp Member

Playground mode is now available on Steam demo! Together with a few bug fixes and balance changes (shovels got stronger and locked perks are not being active).

[​IMG]

9. SnoutUp

SnoutUp Member

Card dealer will be the new way to add cards to the deck and spend some coins.

[​IMG]