Forum Game Card Game Mafia: Mafia Victory

Mercerenies

I think he's referencing the fact that my vote is on him. It's a pressure vote, to encourage you to start talking. Clearly it's not working though, so this is a contingency plan.

R

roytheshort

I just expected to get lynched Day 1, so I used all my cards at once. Unless you can think of a use for my "Watch a card" card I'm useless right now.

Mercerenies

Hm... care to elaborate, Storyteller? That is, are you claiming that you have that card? If not, how do you know this? I'm inclined to believe that because it fits with the narrative but I would like some more backstory here.

S

Storyteller

i am in a position to know. red light stop, green light go.

R

rougebare

Current Votals:
Mercerenies (2) - Roytheshort, Doubler
roytheshort (1) - Mercerenies
Abstaining - Storyteller, Shawn Basnett, amusdan, Misu
It takes 4 votes to lynch a player.

Day 1 ends on Sunday 30th April

S

Storyteller

think about it logically, he said he used it because he said he expected to get lynched first night.
AND
Im telling you, thats what a green injection does, it keeps you from getting killed that night.

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
AND
Im telling you, thats what a green injection does, it keeps you from getting killed that night.
Okay, you really can't get that much more cryptic, the fact that you refuse to tell us why looks scummy, like you know something we don't and refuse to allude as to why other than "I know". I assume this is some sort of bussing. >_>

Vote: Storyteller

R

rougebare

Current Votals:
roytheshort (1) - Mercerenies
Storyteller (1) - Shawn Basnett
Abstaining - Storyteller, amusdan, Misu

Mercerenies

I don't like either Roy or Storyteller right now. I would be up for lynching either of them right now.

Now, assume that there are two mafia players. Then the game has 4:2 town/mafia ratio. A single mislynch brings us to 3:2 and a nightkill down to 2:2, meaning we lose the game. So if there are two mafia players, a single mislynch loses the game. Thus, I conclude that there is only one mafia player, as that would be a severely unbalanced game otherwise. So Roy and Story are not a scumteam, based on this logic. So, here's my logic. Both Roy and Story have been vague and unhelpful, but the difference is: Roy has some possible deathproofs. So killing Roy has a possibility of failing (and a NL on Day 1 is not good), and if he turns out to be town then he is trickier to kill at night. Not to mention that the mafia knows that he's not a threat, since he only has one card (and a fairly weak one, at that) right now. Meanwhile, Story has a higher chance of being successfully lynched and is more of a target at night than Roy is. So for that reason:

S

Storyteller

hey now, Im not mafia scum.
killing me will cause you to lose the game.
I think there are several people who havent spoken, and some who have that are mighty suspicious.
I can tell you trying to lynch me today is a waste of time, UNLESS, you are mafia and want to kill a townie.
Im a good friend to have and can help us get to the bottom of things, but you will just have to trust me, you are wasting your time if you think Im a scumbag.

Id pay close attention to those calling a lot of attention to themselves, trying to get kills in early.

Mercerenies

You've given us nothing but vague facts and empty assurances. And you're telling us several things that just aren't true. "Trying to get kills in early" is not what's happening here. A lynch of Day 1 is almost always considered superior to a NL on Day 1, as a lynch has a chance of hitting scum whereas NL does not, and on D1 the town has more chances left so the stakes are lower. And "killing me will cause you to lose the game" is just not true either. If you're scum, killing you will cause us to win the game. If you're town, killing you will be a minor setback. This individualist mentality is really not helping your case here, as mafia players are often more self-interested than town players.

R

rougebare

Current Votals:
Storyteller (2) - Shawn Basnett, Mercenies
Abstaining - Storyteller, amusdan, Misu

S

Storyteller

You've given us nothing but vague facts and empty assurances. And you're telling us several things that just aren't true. "Trying to get kills in early" is not what's happening here. A lynch of Day 1 is almost always considered superior to a NL on Day 1, as a lynch has a chance of hitting scum whereas NL does not, and on D1 the town has more chances left so the stakes are lower. And "killing me will cause you to lose the game" is just not true either. If you're scum, killing you will cause us to win the game. If you're town, killing you will be a minor setback. This individualist mentality is really not helping your case here, as mafia players are often more self-interested than town players.
ok, then I vote for you.

Vote: Mercenaries

R

rougebare

Current Votals:
Mercerenies (3) - Roytheshort, Doubler, Storyteller
Storyteller (2) - Shawn Basnett, Mercenies
Abstaining - amusdan, Misu

R

roytheshort

My red injection is pointless if Merc actually dies, this is not the plan!

Unvote:

R

rougebare

Current Votals:
Mercerenies (1) - Storyteller
Storyteller (2) - Shawn Basnett, Mercenies, Roytheshort
Abstaining - amusdan, Misu
It takes 4 votes to lynch a player, Day 1 ends on the 30th April 2017 (In less that 24 hours from this point.)

M

Misu

Ah shoot. I forgot completely about this game. And lot have been going on too...

Well i really have no idea who to vote for really. Most of these hypotesis' and ideas are just irrational. I really dpnt see a possible mafia from any of this... well if participation is gonna go much, i guess we'll push into our first night.

Vote: storyteller

R

rougebare

"And that's a lynch folks." The dealer says.

At that moment, the house of cards behind storyteller topples over. A fairly audible crunch is heard, apparently the cards were heavier than they seemed.

It is now Night 1, Night 1 ends on Tuesday 2nd May.

R

rougebare

• Roles and alignments are generally NOT revealed on death in this game.
That said, Merc accurately surmised my reasoning for the town mafia balance if you wanna read his post on it.

S

Storyteller

i wish to use my green injection card at the last minute.
Public Day Card: They See: Target a player, inject a fluid into them.

R

rougebare

I'm sorry Story, it's nighttime. I can't say more here either, without causing possible problems.

R

rougebare

Day 2 Begins
(Yes this is a little early, but I don't think i'll get any more night activations.)
As you look around the table, it seems everyone has returned from their night's sleep unharmed. An attendant is whispering in the Dealer's ear, seemingly informing him of something as he deals everyone a card. Oddly, Mercerenies is skipped out of the deal.

"We've found a bodyguard dead in the corridors." The dealer informs everyone as the attendant leaves. "He would have died protecting someone, but from where he was found, we can't tell who he was guarding or from whom."

"No cards were deposited into the card bank, so there is no card to give from that region going out of play." The dealer seems more concerned about the latter than the dead bodyguard, "so we just need to see what region is coming up." The dealer finishes, with a tone of hopefulness that there is going to be at least some good news.

The new Region is: Bog: Anyone not voting is considered to be deadline voting for themselves. (A deadline vote is one which only takes effect at the deadline. Note that this region does not allow you to deadline vote.)

As the dealer shifts this new Region into position, the card buildings crash down, though this time not onto anyone, to be replaced with sickly green grass with many murky lakes around The dealer doesn't take the new environment kindly.

"If I wasn't bound by the rules of the game I'd be changing that simply to get some better atmosphere..." he mutters leaning against the only visible tree. Obviously his Uncle hadn't told him all the game's secrets.

((Cards have been dealt out, if this causes you to go over your maximum hand size, you will need to choose one of the cards to discard before you can activate any.))

There are 5 people alive, it takes 3 votes to cause a lynch.
roytheshort (0+1): [roytheshort]
Mercerenies (0+1): [Mercerenies]
Misu (0+1): [Misu]
Shawn Basnett (0+1): [Shawn Basnett]
amusdan (0+1): [amusdan]

Day 2 ends on Sunday the 7th of May

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Misu

ITS ROUGEBARE!

ROUGEBARE IS MAFIA!

LYNCH HIM! LYNCH HIM NOW!

vote: rougebare

A

amusudan

Sorry I wasn't getting notifications :<

Grab Bag (Targeting Shawn)
Public Day Card: Target a player, they draw one card, and you draw two.
Common Card.

Graverobber (Targeting storyteller)
Public Day Card: Three cards from the dead's hands are randomly selected. You may pick one to add to your hand.
Common Card.

R

rougebare

The dealer nods and deals another card to Shawn and two to amusdan, then says,

"Very well then, there is only one dead, so let's see what was left..." The dealer grimaces before plunging his hand into the pool of murky water behind him, retrieving three cards. "I will only tell you the names of the cards I retrieved not from whom, you pick one, the rest go back in." ((Graverobber doesn't need a target if anyone else gets a Graverobber card btw))

The retrieved cards are: Flashlight, Remote and Moonfire.

((Extra cards have been dealt))

While dealing the extra cards the Dealer fumbles the deck and one lands squarely in the center of the table.

"My uncle always warned me about doing that... I can't exactly put it back in the deck, so whoever claims it can have it."

A face-down card has been dropped from the deck. It's first come first serve. The card has been claimed by Shawn Basnett

R

rougebare

As Shawn Basnett takes the card the dealer speaks in a quieter tone, "I'd appreciate it if no one mentions that happening, it could get, awkward."

Mercerenies

Hm... so amusudan, did you get anything of use from the Detective card, as we discussed?

In related news, I'll go ahead and throw this down.

Ender Eye
Public Day Card: Target 3 players. One card in each of their hands is put into a pool. Privately pick one to reveal, and one to gain a copy of.
Uncommon Card.

Activate Ender Eye on Misu, Roy, amusu

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
While we wait for amusudan, I'm going to go ahead and add to the chaos.

-Joker
Public Day Card: This card has an unpredictable effect. Use at your own risk.
Special Card

Activate Joker

R

rougebare

The dealer nods, but his distaste for the environment seems to be showing in everything he does.

He reads out one of the cards:
Divination Seance
Public Day Card: Target a dead player. If successful, the target's role or alignment will be revealed.
Rare Card!

((Shawn's activation has to be delayed a bit until graverobber finalizes, it doesn't make a difference here which one finishes first.))

A

amusudan

Hm... so amusudan, did you get anything of use from the Detective card, as we discussed?
As I said, I forgot about the game because I didn't get any notifications :<. I still have the card though.

R

rougebare

The dealer nods, and hands amusdan the card, then drops the other two into the water below.

He then glances at the Joker card, "You really are one to want to take risks aren't you?" The dealer asks Shawn Basnett. "Well nothing for it but to see what..." The dealer is interupted as a literal Joker emerges from the card.

"Someone actually called for me? And people usually call me the Joker." Despite his name and appearence, the Joker speaks in dull sad tones. He snatches the deck from the dealer takes a bunch from the middle and tosses them into the air, one lands face down by each person. He hands the remaining cards back to the dealer, who is looking scandalized.
"Those cards show your fate." Are the Joker's final words, disappearing with a wink to Shawn Basnett.
After a few moments of the Joker's absence, the dealer regains his composure.
"The Joker is right, I'll turn those cards over at the end of the day, and we'll see what happens. If you are curious you can turn it over yourself, but the effects will take effect immediately."

((At that it's time for me to head off.))

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
Uh. Alright. First off. The fact that amusudan conveniently forgot about the game concerns me, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

I'm also not sure what's with the weird dropping of the card by the Dealer. The one I picked up. There's something else here.

In other news. I flip over my card

R

rougebare

((There is nothing more to the card drop than it simply being an extra card for someone to claim that cannot be gained by other methods, hence the 'Special' rarity.))
Shawn flips over his card. Unlike the other cards in the deck, it only has a name.

The dealer reads the name out, "Slick Hands"

The dealer grins slightly, "That was a favorite of my uncle's." The rest of what he does is so fast that noone really sees properly what happens.

R

rougebare

There are 5 people alive, it takes 3 votes to cause a lynch.
@roytheshort (0+1): [roytheshort]
@Mercerenies (0+1): [Mercerenies]
@Misu (0+1): [Misu]
@Shawn Basnett (0+1): [Shawn Basnett]
@amusdan (0+1): [amusdan]

Day 2 ends on Sunday the 7th of May

((Don't mind me making sure everyone, or maybe not XD))

R

rougebare

The dealer nods and reads the card, "Yellow Injection"

No sooner than the words are spoken, the attendants that earlier injected Roy and Merc with green and red liquids, now inject amusudan with a yellow one.

R

roytheshort

Ok I'm bored

-Eclipse
Public Day Card: Night time cards can be used as day cards until the end of the day.
LEGENDARY CARD!

Vote: Mercerenies

R

rougebare

The sun is shrouded away, and it becomes nearly pitch black.

After a grunt, the dealer lights some candles and places them around the table so everyone can see what they are doing.

Nighttime cards can now be activated as daytime cards. Activate them as you would usually activate them.

"As if this place wasn't dismal enough." He sighs.

roytheshort 0: noone
Mercerenies (1+1): Roytheshort, [Mercerenies]
Misu (0+1): [Misu]
Shawn Basnett (0+1): [Shawn Basnett]
amusdan (0+1): [amusdan]
There are 5 players alive, so it takes 3 votes to lynch. Day 2 ends on Sunday 7th May

M

Misu

Huh... I dunno but I find this mafia game very uninteresting and confusing. I really dont like it (not the same good old traditional mafia games)

Well its becoming real slow too and inactive so I guess Ill just rush things quickly and get this game to end faster. I really dont care anymore.

vote: Mercerenies

R

rougebare

Misu suddenly makes a strange noise, before pulling a dagger out of his back.

Something has attempted to kill Misu.

R

rougebare

Day 2 Ends

"So, we have a lynch, but before we handle that, we still have the Joker's cards to resolve." The dealer states.

Without another word, he turns over each of the still face-down cards.

"Shiv" he says as he turns over Misu's. Another gasp occurs as Misu removes another Dagger from himself. ((I had detemined these at the time of the dropping.))

"Magnet", he says, turning over roytheshort's. It's not quite obvious what this one means.

"And let us finish with the lynchee, Glass Eye" the dealer finishes. Another cryptic one.

"Then it'..." the dealer stops when he notices a card in Mercenies' hand.

"Well, aren't you lucky, " he says pulling the card out of Mercenies' hand.

Night 2 Starts, noone has died.

Night 2 ends on Tuesday 9th May