• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Car game and arduino controller

3jgamesdev

Hi good day,

I was making a car racing game, and i want the arduino device as a controller of it, using a bluetooth, i want to transfer the data from the arduino to my android game, i already made the arduino and once i test it thru my bluetooth terminal, i am receiving it, and now the problem is the game,

I really dont have any idea how im going to do it inside the game maker, I choose game maker because i have the pay version of it, and it was much easier to learn compare other game engine

Game Mechanics:

I was using all 5 fingers as a controller, The arduino was built in a gloves using a flex sensor, Once they move specific finger, for example the middle finger, the car will move forward, etc . once i connect my arduino directly to my pc, the controls work smoothly, but when i was trying to build an android and connect the game via bluetooth, it wont work.

From arduino i just make the button press,so i didnt do anything in game side, sorry really dont know but i think when my arduino is directly connected to my pc, and use the controller, the code giving an information to press the keyboard so thats why it when smoothly, but because the android doesnt have that kind of thing, maybe the arduino is only sending a string value and not a command

please help

Last edited: