• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows can't update to 2.1.4.288

M

milch

I can't update game maker studio 2 to version 2.1.4.288, it just closes the window after i click okay on "there is a previous version installed, do you want to replace it?" (or something like that) and nothing happens... already tried running as administrator and using other compabilities like windows 7 or vista (i have windows 8)

I also cant run the old version, since Game maker just shuts down after i close the "there is a new update!" window......... this is truly frustrating.... if anyone had the same problem and managed to fix it, i'd be thankful for tips

thanks!

T

Tionard

I have the same problem for a few days now. Reported a bug on the official page, but support remains silent.
My game maker isn't closing by itself, but it just trying to download an update but never manage to do it, just stuck on "Install runtime 2.1.4.203" -_-

T

Tionard

I can't update game maker studio 2 to version 2.1.4.288, it just closes the window after i click okay on "there is a previous version installed, do you want to replace it?" (or something like that) and nothing happens... already tried running as administrator and using other compabilities like windows 7 or vista (i have windows 8)

I also cant run the old version, since Game maker just shuts down after i close the "there is a new update!" window......... this is truly frustrating.... if anyone had the same problem and managed to fix it, i'd be thankful for tips

thanks!
I've tried one thing right now and it worked for me:
I've installed and launched VPN, i think it doesn't matter which one you choose. I've used Tunel Bear because it's free and I have account there. After I launched VPN I was finally able to start game maker and load all of the runtime updates! I hope it will work for you as well

M

milch

I've tried one thing right now and it worked for me:
I've installed and launched VPN, i think it doesn't matter which one you choose. I've used Tunel Bear because it's free and I have account there. After I launched VPN I was finally able to start game maker and load all of the runtime updates! I hope it will work for you as well
i tried it, but no luck for me :/ thanks for telling me tho!