• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX Can't Update Runtime

E

EuphonyDM

I have been trying to update from version 2.2.1.287 to 2.2.1.291, but when I double-click on it and press OK, it does not update. It still closes and reopens the app, but the runtime in the upper right corner is the same. Also, the notification about a new runtime appears again as well. If anyone could help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

M

minoush82

I went through this in the past, and I installed it via:
File -> My Preferences -> Runtime Feeds -> Master, then double click on the version number of the runtime you want installed.

Sometimes the installation hangs for a long time, in which case you will have to stop GMS2, and restart it again.

E

EuphonyDM

That's what I have been doing, but the runtime stays at the same version.

E

EuphonyDM

I fixed it by making it redownload the older runtime and then trying to switch to the newer one.