• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Can't update runtime to 2.2.1.291

O

Ottsel

Hi,
Whenever I load up GMS2 I get a small popup saying "An updated runtime is available in master!". I click it, I get taken to the runtime settings, and sure enough there it is. 2.2.1.291 is showing as downloaded but not active - 2.2.1.287 is still highlighted and marked as 'Running'.
When I double click 2.2.1.291 it asks if I want to change and warns it will require a restart of the IDE. I click, 'OK', it restarts, and I get a popup saying "An updated runtime is available in master. At this point we loop back to the start of this post and I go around in circles until I get bored.
Nothing gets installed and activated, I can't get past 2.2.1.287.

I'm on Mac running latest OS and version 2.2.1.375 of GMS2.

Thanks

J

Jack Bennett

Honestly, not sure. Though when I tried updating the runtime I couldn't run any of my projects. So I ended up downgrading back to 2.2.1.287.

Hope you get an answer!

D1Project

Hello,

Anyone has any update on this one?
There's a bug I reported that is supposed to be fixed on 2.2.1.291... But it's impossible to switch to that Runtime version.
I'm on Mac.

Thanks