1. Hey! Guest! The 34th GMC Jam will take place between August 22nd, 12:00 UTC (Thursday noon) and August 26th, 12:00 UTC (Monday noon). Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

Can't save

Discussion in 'Legacy GameMaker Community Tech Support' started by ThePanada-, May 21, 2018.

1. ThePanada-

ThePanada- Member

"unable to write to directory saving aborted" is the error I keep getting when trying to save or start game.

2. IndianaBones

IndianaBones Member

Is that the entire contents of the error message? That is not much to go on.

What version of GMS are you using?

Post the code you are using when trying to save the game. Depending on what version of GMS you are using, chances are the location you are trying to save the game is in a directory that GMS does not have access to.

See : http://docs.yoyogames.com/index.htm...ference/file handling/file system limits.html

for more info on Sandboxing in GMS 1

3. ThePanada-

ThePanada- Member

Any version of GMS does the same. I basically open it, then press make, press the new tab, and click create. [​IMG] This is the error that pops up, then whenever I click "Ok" or the X it opens anyway. In the gamemaker I can edit sprites and everything but if I try to save it crashes, try to open the game it tries to save and then crashes.

4. IndianaBones

IndianaBones Member

Do you have admin rights on your PC. Have you tried running GMS with administrator rights? What folder are you setting the new project to when you create it?

5. ThePanada-

ThePanada- Member

Yes I have tried running with admin rights and something different happens where I open it, click make, and then nothing happens. The default folder.

6. Prisma Color

Prisma Color Member

you solved it, the same thing happens to me?