• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Can't save

T

ThePanada-

"unable to write to directory saving aborted" is the error I keep getting when trying to save or start game.

T

ThePanada-

Any version of GMS does the same. I basically open it, then press make, press the new tab, and click create.
This is the error that pops up, then whenever I click "Ok" or the X it opens anyway. In the gamemaker I can edit sprites and everything but if I try to save it crashes, try to open the game it tries to save and then crashes.

Do you have admin rights on your PC. Have you tried running GMS with administrator rights? What folder are you setting the new project to when you create it?

T

ThePanada-

Yes I have tried running with admin rights and something different happens where I open it, click make, and then nothing happens. The default folder.